Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

getting speedbagged 5-0 last night didn’t help his case lmao WELP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

welp.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

“name recognition” is… not always ideal

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Nybble posted:

https://x.com/RyanTClarke/status/1724607622492700858?s=20

MLS should have gotten MP out by now. This is just sad. Even Dan Snyder wasn’t this toxic to the brand

I’m from here and have never heard of them. just asked my boyfriend, also from here, and he’s just as baffled.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

threeagainstfour posted:

Has the Timbers Army ever collectively stopped going to games?

Galaxy supporters groups did it this season and it was the thing that finally got rid of our fail club president Chris Klein, who had just received another multi-year extension despite a near decade of failing.

As long as fans are showing up and buying tickets, merch, and concessions with the kind of consistency it would appear the TA are doing I imagine ownership will be perfectly happy letting them hang whatever banners or sing whatever chants they want.

the TA doesn’t have the teeth it used to; a lot of the folks who built it up have stepped back and now it’s a bunch of casuals who throw fits if they don’t get the “game day experience” they saw on TV and don’t really get the point of how or why it began in the first place. the North End still fills up mostly because that’s where people feel comfortable to get blind drunk and rowdy without folks in reserved seats telling them to gently caress off.

…it’s also a lot harder to get a group of a few thousand people to boycott than it is to do with a SG that’s way smaller (no offense meant; old school TA members viewed the Galaxy protest with great respect and are glad they pulled it off)

I was on a waiting list for TA season tickets for seven years but the combo of adding a few thousand new seats and the FO drama has led to there being no waiting list and ticket reps begging people to renew. I don’t think there’s been a match with sold out tickets since the ‘21 final yet before the stadium expansion sellouts happened drat near every match since they joined MLS.

that said, the front office absolutely yanks any sign showing any hint of protest against the league or FO.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 15, 2023

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pigma_Micron posted:

I can't wait to see the commercial Apple TV cuts using the footage of the offending flares.

exactly fuckin’ this

also lol amateur hour down there

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

yellow and black smoke smell the worst lol at dealing with that the entire match.

the TA has to put our smoke bombs in special buckets and it can only be certain folks the FO gives the OK to for “safety reasons”. really is novel how different poo poo is in every stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

which I guess is why LAFC got fined and your lot haven't lately? If the bits I've read about the smoke delaying kickoff for 10-20m were actually true then, um, yeah that might be going a bit far

I don’t think our FO got fined for our flares at RSL, I’m talking the goal celebration smoke bombs (looking at that Scorpion display Garber tweeted about) we use that seem to be what those supporters had in that display.

I’m guessing the fine only happened because it made the pitch unusable for a while.