Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Late to the party but I just want to reassure everyone that my endless pessimism for FC Dallas is still here and I doubt it's going anywhere.

Much like the team itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

I'm attending my first ever MLS game in Frisco on Saturday. Never watched an MLS game on TV either.

So far Dallas seems to be doing well this season. Why are you so pessimistic about them?

Friend, nothing would warm my heart more than to see you hop aboard for the season and for FC Dallas to finally deliver what they've been unable to for its entirety. I would happily eat that crow, with a big thumbs up and a smile.

As it is, the best season they had they won the Open Cup, the Supporters Shield, then sold one of their key pieces across the pond before the playoffs started and then they fell apart to injury, eliminated in relatively short order. Some years before that they made it to the MLS Cup and lost on an own goal, not even an hour after the Rangers lost the World Series.

FC Dallas can be absolutely masterful at letting you down--you never know what flavor you're in for. This is a backhanded compliment from me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Combo posted:

So I've never really followed MLS before this year but now that St. Louis has a team I've watched every minute and have been loving it.

For those of you who know the league well, how legit are we? I know we got poo poo canned by Seattle but we also have now beat two teams that have beat Seattle. Realistically though are we maybe slightly better than middle of the pack-ish? I just don't have knowledge on the league overall yet.

The beauty of everything is that your team is legit until it isn't. Sometimes it's as simple as that. Maybe a team gets lucky, maybe their opponents crap their pants. The shiny things shine regardless. So have fun!

Turns out I sound sane when speaking of any team other than my own.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crazy Ted posted:

Wanna see his eyes the first time he goes to Dallas and sees Chicken Fried Steak with biscuits.

Wanna see his eyes the first time he sees the team Dallas fields

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
.....no team deserved the playoffs less than fc dallas