Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Still no way to hide scores on either the tv.apple.com website or in the actual OSX Apple TV application.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

As someone who used to switch between 5 different streams at once on the old mls live service looking for cool moments in games, I gotta say I love MLS 360.

My only complaint is that there are too many ad breaks, but other than that I love it. Having a broadcast that immediately switches over to a game as soon as a goal is scored or something else noteworthy happens helps to bring into focus how much exciting stuff happens across an MLS match day.

For example I think they had the late match goals from DC United to win 3–2 against Toronto immediately followed by Thiago Almada’s two stoppage time bangers to win it for Atlanta. That was then followed a bit later by that poor Austin center back doing the worst back pass in MLS history to give a goal to St Louis.

And to top it all off the picture quality is light years better than anything that ESPN or Fox Sports produced when they were the broadcasters.

I agree, way too many ad breaks. I know the hosts need breaks so they can rest for a bit during the broadcast, but they should just do more cuts to live games, which is what I expected them to do instead of commercials.

The video quality was great, and made the games look like an actual professional league.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Heber is hurt and the Sounders are going to suck again now.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I know it's probably not the end of the world, but jesus there have been so many injuries the last couple of years. At least Morris looks good after coming back from his most recent injury, we'll see how Ruidiaz looks this weekend.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Too early to say. Early success might have just been because no one knew how to prepare for them, but it also could be that they are actually good. The upcoming games in May against Dallas and LA2 should show a bit more, and then of course we'll see how well gegenpressing works as the heat and humidity of a midwest summer shows up.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Poonior Toilett posted:

ok but am I able to watch games the day after without having spoilers shoved down my throat, or have they still not fixed that

Somewhat. It's opt-in only, it doesn't work on every system, and it still will sometimes show the scores for a few seconds before hiding them.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

a neat cape posted:

So how will San Diego go about getting its team? I assume there will be an expansion draft?

Sorry, I am new

Probably. The expansion draft really needs to be done away with, but since they still haven't gotten rid of the regular mls draft, it's not going away any time soon.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Wanna see his eyes the first time he goes to Dallas and sees Chicken Fried Steak with biscuits.

He's going to love going to Houston in September when it's 105 degrees with 80% humidity

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chicharito hasn't been good this year, but that's still a big loss

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Congratulations Jozy Altidore for a historical 2023 season, becoming (I think) the first player to have their contract bought out twice.

What the gently caress

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Rumors going around that Tata Martino will be Miami's new coach but I'd have to think after yesterday's performance FMF is furiously trying to get him to come back to Mexico. And if I were Tata I'd run as fast as possible in the opposite direction of that shitshow.

We know that the Miami coach will be whoever Messi picks, so I guess he got along well enough with Tata to like him for the spot.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37905292/united-states-host-expanded-32-team-club-world-cup-2025

honestly gently caress the haters, this is cool and good and great for MLS (even if and when teams get pasted)

I haven't read the article, but I'm assuming the host cities will be the same US ones as the World Cup, as basically a soft launch. Hopefully Seattle can actually play at home for their first (and likely only) game.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Not only are those hideous, but it's pretty drat funny that they are trying a Marvel tie in when Marvel has been losing fans with the oversaturation of the market.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Can't wait to see all the new signings Seattle brought in to help the team, such as

Was the last big signing Ruidiaz? It feels like forever since they've done anything.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Rusnak was certainly hyped as a big signing, but the returns...

It doesn't help that he plays the same position as Nico, so was always played out of position to get him on the field

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

Herdman hiring is official.

poo poo sucks.

Thank you for taking him so that when Seattle fire the coach at the end of the season they don't grab him

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pigma_Micron posted:

As usual, El Trafico is proving to be incredibly stressful for fans and, I'd imagine, a delightful chaos festival for neutrals.

Edit: the game and the galaxy's playoff hopes are extremely over.

The galaxy can't even do the rest of the league a favor by beating chivas

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Completely forgot that the Campeones Cup was a thing.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I can't believe Cincy actually pulled it off after how bad they've been for years

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Champions League Cup details have been released, first round starts Feb 6th, final will be June 2nd.

https://www.concacaf.com/champions-cup/news/concacaf-confirms-important-details-for-2024-concacaf-champions-cup/

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

They can't be paying more than a couple thousand for it with that kind of income, right? Either that or they are about to go bankrupt after spending all their cash reserves on a sponsorship to try and drum up business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I have no idea who is behind the content on that website, but they are so drat good