Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Toronto FC is a poo poo show:

- Baerdeschi called out Coach Bradley last week post game
- Player Bradley, Osorio and Vasquez (ie "The Midfield" are all out until July or later
- Insigne traveled with the team but got in some kind of fight with Coach Bradley before Saturday night's game and didn't play
- Team is playing incredibly boring uncoordinated football
- Team can't seem to score

Excited to see what happens next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I think coach Bradley needs to go, and his son needs to retire and his son needs to not take over coaching duties from his dad when he retires as has been telegraphed. namaste

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm going to the Toronto FC game tomorrow night. Will the fans fight the players? The players fight the coach? It's going to be great.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Steve Nash for Toronto FC coach imo, that dudes got game

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

In Toronto he could be player-manager-mayor

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Messi sweepstakes are over, but the Ronaldo sweepstakes have just begun!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Terry Dunfield is a huge local fan favorite, I loved that guy.

e: Bob, thanks for trying but you had to go. The boos that rained down whenever they announced your name weren't a good look for anyone.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

whypick1 posted:

Can one of our Canadian/Quebecois folks tell us if there's truth behind this story? Because the translated version sounds kinda nuts and I desperately want it to be true.

Matko Miljevic has been riding the pine for CF Montreal, so he went to play for the amateur Ligue Québécoise de Soccer Calcetto under a fake name. There he scored 6 goals 2 assists in three games.

Then Miljevic went to watch his unnamed buddy play, and when his buddy's team was losing 5-0 he spat on one of the opposing players then words were exchanged in spanish and Miljevic punched a player in the face. So the ref called the game and Miljevic is kicked out of the Ligue Québécoise de Soccer Calcetto.

What I find a bit more interesting is that the victim is referred to in the statement by the league repeatedly as elle meaning the person who got punched was a woman and she isn't hurt but is considering pressing an assault charge.

quote:

la victime va bien, elle ne devrait pas garder de séquelles, mais elle songe tout de même sérieusement à déposer une plainte au criminel pour voie de fait actuellement.

Oh and CF Montreal has no comment.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Axel Serenity posted:

goodnight goons

https://twitter.com/ayik_daniel/status/1708301410670887209

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU