Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I've never really followed MLS before this year but now that St. Louis has a team I've watched every minute and have been loving it.

For those of you who know the league well, how legit are we? I know we got poo poo canned by Seattle but we also have now beat two teams that have beat Seattle. Realistically though are we maybe slightly better than middle of the pack-ish? I just don't have knowledge on the league overall yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

binge crotching posted:

Too early to say. Early success might have just been because no one knew how to prepare for them, but it also could be that they are actually good. The upcoming games in May against Dallas and LA2 should show a bit more, and then of course we'll see how well gegenpressing works as the heat and humidity of a midwest summer shows up.

Definitely true, summers in St. Louis are miserable with the heat/humidity.

I love the look of the team with Stroud/Lowen/Alm are all on the field, they control the middle a lot better it feels. Seattle really seemed to force us to the outside, and I think our wings (?) are a weak point.