Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Can't stop seeing this every time I read Beckerman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Probably a huge Rogan fan

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

binge crotching posted:

Not only are those hideous, but it's pretty drat funny that they are trying a Marvel tie in when Marvel has been losing fans with the oversaturation of the market.

MLS loves oversaturating markets

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

No, and it shouldn't either.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

actionjackson posted:

why would someone that insanely rich and famous be doing their own grocery shopping? I assume he has a security detail

Because he’s in Miami where nobody cares about sports

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pigma_Micron posted:

I know a lot of soccer stars have mentioned how much they like being able to take vacations in the US and not get hounded. It's entirely possible Messi has taken a vacation there before and has been able to lay low.

Normalcy can feel good.

I think the Venn diagram of Spanish speaking footballers and Miami vacations is just a single circle.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Probably a 70 year old Italian from Long Island moment. They do use a similar parlance.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Someone should fire that zoomer

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

“Messi has scored 10 goals in 7 matches so there’s a 100% chance you’ll see him score”

-Guy who works for the team trying to sell tickets to see an opponent score against them

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Richie Williams dimed out Arena and the players weren't having it lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Everyone's keeping totally silent about it so far. Apparently 8 different people complained, so I can't imagine it was just Williams overhearing a single thing. I doubt we'll know before the season ends, if ever.

It's interesting that Arena chose to resign. Granted he's 70 and may just be too old for this poo poo anymore but I bet being dimed out by a guy who only has a career because of you doesn't feel wonderful.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I’m guessing his resignation was something of a plea bargain. I agree that ending your career like this must be really poo poo.

From his freshman year in college until a month ago, 35 years as a player or coach under Arena. Considering we don't know anything about anything I'm not going to defend either party but I fully understand why the players who also apparently have no information would refuse to play for Williams.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 13, 2023

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And Nate Silver is wondering why he got fired

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

Looks bland and crap!

It say so right in the tweet.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

binge crotching posted:

I can't believe Cincy actually pulled it off after how bad they've been for years

Four whole seasons, wowie zowie

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Graphic design is my passion

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the escape goat posted:

“name recognition” is… not always ideal

Imagine saying this to a Red Bulls fan

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He found his level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

lol come on

Nobody disputes he was in the ref locker room and he shouldn't have been there, if the refs' statements about aggressive tone or whatnot had been taken at face value the suspension would have been worse.

see, for example, my team's coach getting five games literally today for making a joke in a press conference about who would have been the prime suspect if the ref had been found in the river.

there's no conspiracy, Miazga is just a dumbass. Great defender (by MLS standards anyway), still a dumbass

Imagine defending referees, dumbass.