Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

slavoj zizeks worst takes....... exposed!!! thats right weve got receipts and were spilling the tea!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

never trust a slovenian. slavoj zizek, luka doncic... not good.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Red and Black posted:

He's an anti-communist sophist who hides his reactionary takes in a pseudo-intellectual Marxist veneer

no.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

no you're right i take it back. me and the boys down at the factory were about to unionize until we all read the article in a magazine with a total readership of two about how unions were the worst thing in history by which i mean that is to say in the lacanian examination no let me go back further you see looking at you see when I was a boy in slovenia you know you know and this you see you had to join the army or, you see when you were in the army, yes, you would meet your friends and so forth together at times and you would say you know you would say very perverse things I will suck you and so on and you see so

let me tell you a story

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
admin's over every lil thing like :

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

no you're right i take it back. me and the boys down at the factory were about to unionize until we all read the article in a magazine with a total readership of two about how unions were the worst thing in history by which i mean that is to say in the lacanian examination no let me go back further you see looking at you see when I was a boy in slovenia you know you know and this you see you had to join the army or, you see when you were in the army, yes, you would meet your friends and so forth together at times and you would say you know you would say very perverse things I will suck you and so on and you see so

huh?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

never trust a slovenian. luka doncic... not good.

excuse me?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Red and Black posted:

He is extremely influential, sadly. I guess it matters in the sense that it's demonstrative of a kind of rot among left-wing thought.

hes not man, the people in power believe the same dogshit reactionary things as him

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lobster shirt posted:

never trust a slovenian. slavoj zizek, luka doncic... not good.

i hate racism in all its forms

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hes not man, the people in power believe the same dogshit reactionary things as him

In my opinion that’s exactly why he’s so widely known and read in the West. He’s a “communist” who is palatable to liberals. He offers the aesthetics and the renegade spirit of anti-capitalism while explicitly rejecting its substance. And my read is that the best selling torrent of books he puts out indicates some popularity.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!

slavoj zizeks worst takes....... exposed!!! thats right weve got receipts and were spilling the tea!!!!!!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
say what you want about zizek but he is undeniably one of the dampest thinkers of our time

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Slav OJ? The mitten don't fit because his takes are dogshit?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

slobonmyknob dicksuck

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hate him

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
slobjob seasick

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i guess its not really lukas fault, i used to work with an extremely racist guy who thought that nobody in the nba was giving luka any respect or the chance to succeed and luka was his favorite player. well also i dont like the dallas mavericks.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

anyone got the quote of zizek talking about getting owned by his son

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
*shniff* and so on, and so on

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Žižek is Slovenian Šešelj.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
oh like you can write 30 books without praising hitler at least once?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://infiniteconversation.com/

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ze shignifichansh of ze shoychacks

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i think all speeches should be delivered by people with nervous tics

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
just tics in general

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
During early covid I saw him being interviewed over zoom for jacobin, he was lying in bed with a laptop on his belly. It bounced all over the place as he talked so it looked like an earthquake

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i hosed him

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

i hosed him first

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ok who gives a poo poo? he's either funny or he's not it doesn't matter either way. this is fully article brained

Figured out the answer

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Red and Black posted:

In my opinion that’s exactly why he’s so widely known and read in the West. He’s a “communist” who is palatable to liberals. He offers the aesthetics and the renegade spirit of anti-capitalism while explicitly rejecting its substance. And my read is that the best selling torrent of books he puts out indicates some popularity.

which media figure, if any, do you think is a good source for the substance of 'anti-capitalism'

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

lmfao

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!