Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Thinking about pairing this with Night at the Roxbury for a double movie night. Zoolander rocks of course but I haven't seen Roxbury, is it anywhere near the same level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
It's free on Prime watching it now

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUZeYu-dX8&t=60s

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Derelick my balls

ANTIFA Lockhart
Feb 25, 2023

Big Bizness posted:

Thinking about pairing this with Night at the Roxbury for a double movie night. Zoolander rocks of course but I haven't seen Roxbury, is it anywhere near the same level?

no pair it with anchor man (just the first one) instead imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blue Steel!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Fun Fact for the longest time Donlad Trump's five second cameo at the beginning of the movie had my tweenage self beliving that he was famous becuase he was like a fasion designer or a former model or something.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

David D. Davidson posted:

Fun Fact for the longest time Donlad Trump's five second cameo at the beginning of the movie had my tweenage self beliving that he was famous becuase he was like a fasion designer or a former model or something.

you thought President Donald Trump was a former model?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Oh this was a loooong time ago like about twenty years ago before he really got too political when I was a naive child who believed that people who were famous got that way because they did stuff to earn that fame. Like how Britney Spears was famous for being a pop singer or Brad Pitt being famous for being an actor. I didn't realize that a combination of money, ego and neuroses could drive people to spend moutains of money just to buy fame.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Hey man chill out

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Hey man chill out

MadcapLaughs
Mar 17, 2007

Treecko posted:

Derelick my balls

I can Derelick my own balls, thank you.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

David D. Davidson posted:

My first Trump media encounter was Home Alone 2, and I knew I was supposed to think he was somebody, but bit I was too young and didn’t. Every day I send him an anonymous letter, written with calligraphy pen, that says “You were nothing to me, in Home Alone 2. You will always be nothing to me, in Home Alone 2. Signed, The Masked Cusper”

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mysterious frankie posted:

My first Trump media encounter was Home Alone 2, and I knew I was supposed to think he was somebody, but bit I was too young and didn’t. Every day I send him an anonymous letter, written with calligraphy pen, that says “You were nothing to me, in Home Alone 2. You will always be nothing to me, in Home Alone 2. Signed, The Masked Cusper”

did he ever write you back?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
One of the best gags was them flipping through the calendar he did.

I have a videotape of this movie that I bought when the video store I worked at in grade 12 decided to finally sell all its tapes. I can't throw it away because how the gently caress you gonna throw away Zoolander? It was also the first (and only, for who knows how long) DVD my family owned. Those are my Physical Media stories about Zoolander, thank you for listening and remember to relax.........

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The first time I watched Zoolander was on DVD and half way through our dog got sprayed by a skunk and we had to pause it to go help wash her down with canned tomato sauce

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

The first time I watched Zoolander was on DVD and half way through our dog got sprayed by a skunk and we had to pause it to go help wash her down with canned tomato sauce

That's a rude way to talk about your mom

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the true Zoolander experience

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

OBEY MY DOG

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

but, why male models

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

*one tiny drip*

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

did he ever write you back?

Oh constantly. These days mainly on the back of sensitive documents.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Mugatu saying the name “Katinka Ingobovavina, na” loving kills me. Milla Jovovich stole every scene she was in.

Also that Oompa Loompa looking masseuse at the spa with the Princess Leia hair was such an odd character. I found out later that was Andy Dick.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I only remember Mila Jonavich from 5th Element

naem
May 29, 2011

I remember Mila Jollanavitnchh from my wildest dreams every single night

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I haven't seen the second one. should I watch it?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Derelicte is the funniest joke in the whole movie

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Hammerite posted:

I haven't seen the second one. should I watch it?
No.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

groovy baby - derek zooland

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

*quotes movie lines* hi i’m a wacky person with a healthily constructed sense of self

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Hammerite posted:

Derelicte is the funniest joke in the whole movie

I just remembered the thing about him not being able to turn left and now I'm not completely sure about this any more

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Zoolander 2, Anchorman 2, Dumb & Dumber 2...

Has there ever been a sequel to a comedy movie made that was as good or possibly better than the original?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Vakal posted:

Has there ever been a sequel to a comedy movie made that was as good or possibly better than the original?

The first Naked Gun sequel is the only thing I can think of that's particularly close.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

git apologist posted:

*quotes movie lines* hi i’m a wacky person with a healthily constructed sense of self

"Who shat in your cereal?" - Mahatma Gandhi

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
"Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your 'do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way'?"

"Derek Zoolander: Why do you hate models, Matilda?

Matilda: Honestly?

Hansel: Yes.

Matilda: I think they're vain, stupid, and incredibly self-centered.

Hansel: I totally agree with you. But how do you feel about male models?"

This was one of my go-to get high movies for the longest time. Hundreds and hundreds of times. I thankfully forgot there was a sequel.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Vakal posted:

I thought the second Bill & Ted movie was funnier than the first.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Sir Nose posted:

I thought the second Bill & Ted movie was funnier than the first.

Yeah Bill & Ted 1 is a good dumb world history movie and Bill & Ted 2 is a good dumb movie history movie. Helps that Richard Matheson's historian son cowrote both.

Let's pretend the third one doesn't exist.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
The delivery of “I don’t know” when he asks his reflection who am I?

Also will Ferrell awkwardly spilling the latte on his assistant

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"I'm sorry, did my pin get in the way of your FAT rear end?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I will always love Zoolander. When I turned 17, society wanted me to be sad on my birthday because 9/11 had just happened. Instead I went to a theater with my girlfriend to watch Zoolander.

In summary I like this movie and have never cared about 9/11.