Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

EEKA GEEK posted:

I bookmarked with this one and I don't like to mix them up :shrug: By all means engage, however

How many sock puppets do you have, and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Flowers for QAnon posted:

How many sock puppets do you have, and why?

I bought this account to post while on a 30 day probation and wasn’t caught til after it ended, and I’ve never logged out/logged back in with the other on this particular device. I try to mostly browse the lighthearted threads and make less serious contributions with this one vs the other and make it a point not to post in the same thread with both as that’d be a valid instance of sockpuppeting.

I’m not sure why people get so bent out of shape about it tbqh, they should be engaging with contributions based on their quality and merit as opposed to keeping Enemies Lists.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

EEKA GEEK posted:

I’m not sure why people get so bent out of shape about it tbqh, they should be engaging with contributions based on their quality and merit as opposed to keeping Enemies Lists.

Because it’s one of several clues to if someone is bad-faith posting, which isn’t always the easiest to parse online.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Bad faith is a fake idea to begin with. Sincerity has no impact on veracity

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

EEKA GEEK posted:

You could have what you think is an ironclad take on things but if you can't be open to opposing views and instead wield it as a gotcha logic trap then why should anyone engage with it?

This isn't even directed specifically at you, but good faith/bad faith is pretty fundamental to any discussion. If it's not an exchange of ideas coming from a place of intellectual curiosity then why bother, the conclusion has already been reached

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Songbearer posted:

You could have what you think is an ironclad take on things but if you can't be open to opposing views and instead wield it as a gotcha logic trap then why should anyone engage with it?

This isn't even directed specifically at you, but good faith/bad faith is pretty fundamental to any discussion. If it's not an exchange of ideas coming from a place of intellectual curiosity then why bother, the conclusion has already been reached

You said it better than I could have!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A free exchange of ideas will yield more good by assuming positive intent than by dismissing opposing voices as acting disingenuously

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

EEKA GEEK posted:

A free exchange of ideas will yield more good by assuming positive intent than by dismissing opposing voices as acting disingenuously

perhaps, but sometimes you just know somebody is being an rear end in a top hat and it's not worth your time. I guess it also depends on if it's a debate or a discussion. Two very different dynamics.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

heartbreaking news, reports are flooding that this thread is turning to poo poo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This forum is built on the back of trolling and shitposting. Assuming the other idiot is a disingenuous gently caress is about as sensible as assuming that an email selling dick pills is trying to scam you.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
What makes you think it's the pills that don't work? :hehe:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Those clowns in congress are up to no good!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Real money's in selling replacement dicks by email

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Real money's in selling replacement dicks by email

I love the stupidity and hope inherent in that click. Like if dick replacements were a thing you know it'd be the biggest news in the world, but somehow dude is thinking the secret to a better banger is just waiting in this random email he got. Oh well, guess Chinese hackers got to eat too.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Mulva posted:

I love the stupidity and hope inherent in that click. Like if dick replacements were a thing you know it'd be the biggest news in the world, but somehow dude is thinking the secret to a better banger is just waiting in this random email he got. Oh well, guess Chinese hackers got to eat too.

The dick replacement store is doing a soft launch, obviously.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I saw an alligator

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

What was its dick like

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I didn't ask

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Karma Comedian posted:

I saw an alligator

Did you say “see ya later!” :smug:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Karma Comedian posted:

I saw an alligator

That's my prized turd
I been looking for that sucker
Whereabouts did you see it

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

What a croc.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

In THIS economy?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Prof. Crocodile posted:

The dick replacement store is doing a soft launch, obviously.

The store is hard to get into

Unless you go through the backdoor

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

cum joke

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bad Purchase posted:

heartbreaking news, reports are flooding that this thread is turning to poo poo

I'm eating poo poo!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The ARKstorn is upon us. LA mountains covered in snow.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The ARKstorn is upon us. LA mountains covered in snow.

I don't know what that means, but I'm all for it.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

EEKA GEEK posted:

But true things can absolutely be used by bad actors in manipulative and confusing ways. Cherry-picking is a term that exists for just such an occasion.

For example, Putin invading Crimea and taking part of Ukraine, and then reacting to the Ukraine's subsequent building of arms afterwards (and the Ukrainian nationalist militias that action united) as if Ukraine is threatening them and thus have to take action for their preservation. Is it true Ukraine was arming up? Yeah because Russia decided to just shift a border and take part of the Ukraine in 2014. But if you just include the facts Ukraine was arming and it had nationalists, you can easily paint an argument for the larger and more powerful nation actually being the victim here and needing to attack the Ukraine in self-defense.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 4, 2023

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

But true things can absolutely be used by bad actors in manipulative and confusing ways. Cherry-picking is a term that exists for just such an occasion.

For example, Putin invading Crimea and taking part of Ukraine, and then reacting to the Ukraine's subsequent building of arms afterwards (and the Ukrainian nationalist militias that action united) as if Ukraine is threatening them and thus have to take action for their preservation. Is it true Ukraine was arming up? Yeah because Russia decided to just shift a border and take part of the Ukraine in 2014. But if you just include the facts Ukraine was arming and it had nationalists, you can easily paint an argument for the larger and more powerful nation actually being the victim here and needing to attack the Ukraine in self-defense.

Regarding Crimea- a bit of interesting history in that peninsula. It was part of Russia proper until 1954 at which point it was administered to the Ukraine by the USSR. After 1991 they actually voted to join Russia, to which Ukraine said “nah”- thankfully, for whatever reason, Russia’s annexation in 2014 was not seen as worth starting a nuclear war over (even if Ukraine ended up cutting off water for irrigation to Crimea as a punitive measure for acquiescing to Russia, whom like those in the DPR and LNR, they felt a stronger connection to).

Ukraine at large after 1991 and until 2014, Russia pretty much left to its own devices as it could barely manage its own internal affairs following the controlled demolition of communism. For all the supposed incompetence of the Russian intelligence apparatus, they really did make a huge blunder by not at least monitoring events in the neighbouring countries, never mind influencing them. As long as Russia went along with the west’s economic interests there was little overt militaristic antagonism from them, and thus no apparent urgency for Russia in setting up a defensive posture in the post-Soviet sphere. One consequence of this laissez faire attitude towards its former co-states was the unchecked rise of extremist nationalist elements like for example Azov. While every country has its own small contingent of racists, most people do not hold those sentiments and Ukraine is no different. However the worst elements of those nationalists began causing harm to Ukrainians who still closely identified with Russian culture, language, and heritage- thus Russia began its belated and heavy-handed response to drive out the (now armed) nationalists who’s goals had metamorphosed from independence to violence.

Now we find out from the leaders of the day that the peace agreements they brokered were apparently not done in good faith- that is, the goal was always to buy time for Ukraine to get strong enough to fight and defeat Russia singlehandedly. It seems that Putin chose to attack when he did to pre empt the possibility of a soft entry for Ukraine into nato and the EU- a chance that would be lost once Ukraine gained the protection of the former, his own army’s readiness be damned. But it crystallized the conflict early on in that these accessions are not possible now, and possibly not even if the conflict ends- at least not without very unfavourable terms for the people of Ukraine. All this “aid”, lethal or otherwise, comes with huge strings attached that will be ruinous not just in the immediate aftermath but for the foreseeable future. The ultimate goal for the west is not to help the people of Ukraine, but to hobble the people of Russia- in this so called great humanitarian crusade, the primary help we’re sending is stuff that’s only job is to hurt and kill humans. That’s the part that makes me sick, so you’ll hear no cheering from me regardless of who “wins”.

So yeah, I try to avoid cherry picking for sure

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

EEKA GEEK posted:

Regarding Crimea- a bit of interesting history in that peninsula. It was part of Russia proper until 1954 at which point it was administered to the Ukraine by the USSR. After 1991 they actually voted to join Russia, to which Ukraine said “nah”- thankfully, for whatever reason, Russia’s annexation in 2014 was not seen as worth starting a nuclear war over (even if Ukraine ended up cutting off water for irrigation to Crimea as a punitive measure for acquiescing to Russia, whom like those in the DPR and LNR, they felt a stronger connection to).

Ukraine at large after 1991 and until 2014, Russia pretty much left to its own devices as it could barely manage its own internal affairs following the controlled demolition of communism. For all the supposed incompetence of the Russian intelligence apparatus, they really did make a huge blunder by not at least monitoring events in the neighbouring countries, never mind influencing them. As long as Russia went along with the west’s economic interests there was little overt militaristic antagonism from them, and thus no apparent urgency for Russia in setting up a defensive posture in the post-Soviet sphere. One consequence of this laissez faire attitude towards its former co-states was the unchecked rise of extremist nationalist elements like for example Azov. While every country has its own small contingent of racists, most people do not hold those sentiments and Ukraine is no different. However the worst elements of those nationalists began causing harm to Ukrainians who still closely identified with Russian culture, language, and heritage- thus Russia began its belated and heavy-handed response to drive out the (now armed) nationalists who’s goals had metamorphosed from independence to violence.

Now we find out from the leaders of the day that the peace agreements they brokered were apparently not done in good faith- that is, the goal was always to buy time for Ukraine to get strong enough to fight and defeat Russia singlehandedly. It seems that Putin chose to attack when he did to pre empt the possibility of a soft entry for Ukraine into nato and the EU- a chance that would be lost once Ukraine gained the protection of the former, his own army’s readiness be damned. But it crystallized the conflict early on in that these accessions are not possible now, and possibly not even if the conflict ends- at least not without very unfavourable terms for the people of Ukraine. All this “aid”, lethal or otherwise, comes with huge strings attached that will be ruinous not just in the immediate aftermath but for the foreseeable future. The ultimate goal for the west is not to help the people of Ukraine, but to hobble the people of Russia- in this so called great humanitarian crusade, the primary help we’re sending is stuff that’s only job is to hurt and kill humans. That’s the part that makes me sick, so you’ll hear no cheering from me regardless of who “wins”.

Today I saw a little black and white Manx and I was almost late because it was so friendly.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My guina pig sliced the poo poo of my finger today while I gave him a piece of tomato

Can't blame him, it was a good tomato and he's half blind

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chinatown has been un oermad.

Someone tell him

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

EEKA GEEK posted:

Arguing about Ukraine is really kind of off-topic for the thread, and your post looks like bait. Don't do this again.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

not allowing GBS to talk about anything is a contradiction in terms

if i wanted to say post a thread about having sex with cars, i mean not that i have or would haha, but i mean i could post a thread about it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

numberoneposter posted:

not allowing GBS to talk about anything is a contradiction in terms

if i wanted to say post a thread about having sex with cars, i mean not that i have or would haha, but i mean i could post a thread about it

I bet there’s a big difference between the over zealous 4 cylinder putt putting on the pud vs a beefy v8 with consistent pressure to pleasure ratio.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
V8 is delicious it has half of your daily servings of vegetables

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Nuts and Gum posted:

I bet there’s a big difference between the over zealous 4 cylinder putt putting on the pud vs a beefy v8 with consistent pressure to pleasure ratio.
suck em, squeeze, em, bang em, blow em

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Treecko posted:

V8 is delicious it has half of your daily servings of vegetables

You're just drinking a pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

EEKA GEEK posted:

:words: The ultimate goal for the west is not to help the people of Ukraine, but to hobble the people of Russia- in this so called great humanitarian crusade...:words:

See if you're coming down on the 'West's' goals vs Ukraine's then you're just stuck in American hyper-individualism where we are the center of everything.

I got a bone to pick with leftisits who kneejerk the if it helps the West in any capacity it's automatically bad and to be rejected and thus reject the actual takes of the people involved. Like how folks would say for a while that criticism of Maduro was just bullshit Western anti-leftism until realizing Venezuelan leftists actually do not like him as he's much more authoritarian than Chavez and it's not just the West trying to depose of a communist leader planting stories that the people don't like him.

Seeing a bunch of white Western people ignore the input of Venezuelan leftists online and condescendingly tell them about what's best for them, or worse accuse them of them of being CIA opps whose goal is to hurt their country(!!!) was wild and egotistical AF, so consider: maybe you don't actually know what's best for people halfway across the world, but are also centering your position as in the manner of the hero self that is central to vain Western hyper-individualism as a culture, which is why you're intent to cast yourself as someone who sees through the West's efforts to make this seem humanitarian as that is apparently your greatest concern - how it possibly benefits us, and how that it can be spun in the press. In the end, it's always about the US for you, inside of your brain.

I'll take my probe.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 4, 2023