Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Haven't seen a Chinatown post in 24 hours.

Sad stuff. Seriously already miss the guy. Like that s is the first Perma if actually been witness to like as the story is developing and now the man is gone. 😥 Like what the gently caress is this community becoming. I saw D&D lose a majority of it's middle east posters to Perma waves, volkerball disappear, and overall more and more people are just disappearing and abandoning the community that has stood as a part of their lives for over a decade.

I really don't even know what I'd do without SA. I have no other online presence what so ever. My friends lists are all empty. I don't play any games that require me to communicate with others because I don't want to connect with any others online. Not because I'm lonely, I have a social circle in the reals but I just get too involved in online. But seriously man this community is it for me.

I feel this. I lurked for years before paying my :10bux: . I have never been a big contributor other than a lot of photoshop threads way back over a decade ago, (one of my proudest internet moments was starting a photoshop thread that turned into a photoshop friday) Life got a bit hectic after I got married and I found myself visiting less and less. Then several years ago we had a kid and I all but stopped coming to the forums because I simply didn’t have time. About a year ago, something happened in the news that is now verboten to speak of in GBS for some reason, and I found myself coming here for the news on current events. Over the course of the last year there was basically almost not a single day that I was not here catching up on the daily news, and I also found myself visiting other threads and catching up on others from years ago. I was actually enjoying somethingawful for the first time in a long time.

Then about a week ago, for reasons I am still baffled by, one particular thread got shut down permanently. We were directed to go to other threads, but neither of them seemed to fit what I was looking for, and overall it seemed like one ideology was picked over another and the squeaky wheels got the grease (I remember a time where if anyone complained about hurt feelings on this site, people were either told to grow a pair, or laughed off …I miss those days) and now I find that I am not as enthusiastic about what this place represents compared to the previous 20 years of my attendance.

GBS is dead, long live GBS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU