Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the state of the forums is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

hillary losing took out a lot of good posters who never came back

because of toxxes?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

unironic trump posters

bring them back imo

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

the forums bring me great joy

this is good

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

lmao what is going on in my av

the weird flickering makes it better imo

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i told you so posted:

they're right

whos perma'd rereg are you?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

impolite to ask

yep

i told you so posted:

im too sweet to perma

interesting

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

my favorite era of that thread was when it had an ik that quite literally said it was okay for him to be racist because he had a chinese girlfirend

o_O

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

why is gassed in quotes

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

people have said for a long time containment threads don't work but from the amount of gbs post that have appeared in cspam i can definitively say it do

"containment threads dont work" is a psyop to keep up the containment threads

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

oh are you the person behind the fascists of SA twitter?

i thought that ended up being guy dude or whatever their name was

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i told you so posted:

mf just retired

drat i read that last word wrong

speng31b
May 8, 2010

two-time fee posted:

Also, suggesting people just go to the CSPAM thread was pretty insulting. A good comparison would be closing down a feminist forum and telling everyone to just go post in the incel forum, cause it's all about women anyway

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

dont bring back the gbs ukraone thread but keep the one in sad open forever

brutal idea

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I enjoy shitposting and (attempting) to make funny puns about Russia's incompetence.

Now I'm told to take it to C-SPAM. They have four threads on the main page with a "Marxism" label. Like 50% of the posters have a Bernie Sanders AV. I had multiple of their ilk PM me over the years to say I need the guillotine because I own too much property.

Am I loving crazy to not feel welcome there? I don't know if the C-Spam userbase is genuinely evil, because I can't tell if they're USA-hating communists (evil, obviously), or if it's all just an aesthetic cosplay (misguided, I'll say charitably). In either case, I don't think I want to have anything to do with them when there was already a place I could post without incident.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

im now thinking it was Jimlit

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4016635&pagenumber=800&perpage=40#post530098556

the only possible, semi-defensible reason for this extremely bizarre post is that in the old thread, god knows how long ago, i posted an excerpt from a paper about the zenz-tier methodology of the "Red Army raped millions" narrative, which made it onto that twitter lol

at the very least that account was important to him

hmmmmmm

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Xaris posted:

((actionable threat))

butthead nuked the gbs war thread to prove that he could nuke cspam

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Xaris posted:

russiagate broke so many brains. I’m convinced most of the bloodlust psycho jingoistic frenzy is retribution over russiagate hoax

i also think a lot of libs got their brain broke when putin started making GBS threads on obama's syria red lines. that's when anecdotally he seemed to go from "shirt off meme guy" to "existential enemy"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

loquacius posted:

Here's a fun magic spell: do a forums search for posts about wasabi peas written by the original poster of this unsourced quote

holy poo poo

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

absolutely demented posts about cspam in that ukraine thread in sad, keep it open forever

it is pretty wild that both subs have observed ultra-strict firewalls against posting about each other for like 4+ months, and somehow the gbs thread getting shuttered results in a SAD thread that is still 80% posts about how much people hate cspam. not even just the cspam war thread, but cspam in general. just the concept of it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

i am begging people to not go create tensions or post genuine political stuff. please. terrible idea

also this. doing politics slapfights in that thread is a terrible idea. just look at it and laugh if you have to

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the funniest part is that they don't seem to realize that they are working against their own case here. the content in that thread being absolutely gut churningly disgusting wasn't even the only reason the admins stated that they closed it. it was also because it made people so irrationally mad about other posters. getting your thread closed and making the feedback thread all about how the evil communists psyoped it is just building the case HK made for closing it.

e: for all the lurkers hate reading this thread, please take this as genuine advice for you on how to get your thread back, not me "lolling at you" or whatever. just don't make your every waking thought and post about how everyone you disagree with politically is a putin asset and absolutely morally evil.

speng31b has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Feb 28, 2023

speng31b
May 8, 2010

seeing everyone get so mad at the holodomor thread was a trip. its getting mad at Genuine Racism Megathread all over again lol

it's a weird thing to see, because when no-one is getting mad at the thread, there is no joke and you can make a good case for gassing it. so in a way they are keeping it alive by flipping out about it constantly

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he’s 100% going to call al saqr the n word soon

he would never do that on account of his buddy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Xaris posted:

it is neat watching some people realize that cspam isn't some perfidious tankie boogeyman that gets to live rent-free in their heads 24/7 :3:

yeah, it's hard to stay committed when you come into a thread expecting to brutally own a bunch of caricatures you made up, and instead just find a bunch of nerds talking about history. all the real psychos that live down to their expectations got purged last year anyways.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

the entire time. once you see it it's there forever. sorry.

(cuttlefish was taken)

what the gently caress

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

if i was a D&D mod i woulda kept the azov donation links up. driven cspam absolutely bonkers

yeah, but the donations should go straight to your personal bank instead

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

lol am i the only person who always realized that his name was cuttlefush?

It was cuttlefish, the name was changed and now he's psyoping you into believing it was always cuttlefush

speng31b
May 8, 2010

what are the chances fd would approve that if you submitted it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I'm thinking like 80%

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Clearly that warning doesn't actually work because at some point radium went into the code and made it so LC entries auto-capitalize and add a period at the end if you didn't include one

lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

car forum meltdown, good stuff

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lpzie posted:

i read it... and they're technically right.,. maybe..

interesting......

speng31b
May 8, 2010

no. its not my favorite

speng31b
May 8, 2010

whats going on with goons today

i think i might have prematurely misjudged this whole SAD thing.

the time-boxed nature of the threads being opened actually distills the entertainment into its purest form. like black friday going out of business sale on goon drama. people feel like they have to get their posts in so they just go all in and all out

e: like the psychology of it was modeled around making people insane. you dont exactly know when the threads will open or when they will close again. its wild

speng31b
May 8, 2010

everyone on stage takes a bow, curtains close on SAD. audience starts to shuffle out and every 4th or 5th person in line gets clubbed from behind by FD and tossed in a pile of bodies outside the theater

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol at the two posts about legitimate toilet shopping nestled in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

did he really get that mad because of a sixer or was it the making fun of the covid thread that did it. i feel like a lot of us poke jabs at the covid thread sometimes, does he hate us all that much?