Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I'm very excited for this LP.

Let's go I: Orlghelovar for maximum :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I've never played Anbennar and my entire knowledge of it comes from the ork LP. Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race though so I'm really excited.

I have no clue what to expect from science dwarves but I'm really hoping it means we can build machines to dig harder and deeper than anyone else. Then I hope we build adamantine mecha to fight the balrogs.

https://youtu.be/34CZjsEI1yU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

A2I, Clan Republic

This plan

e: I am bad at voting. Vote changed in next post

Soylent Pudding fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 6, 2023

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Considering the chance expansion is a trap option, let's go
BI, Clan Republic

I still think we should eventually go for influence to try and vassalize and diploanex other holds if that's a feasible expansion path.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Balin posted:

I dug too deep too quickly, everything EVERYTHING is on fire and I'm in debt for the next 100 years or so, but its been great so far, would continue to do this stuff.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I understand the meta is to take quality because the advantage in manpower reserves ends up mattering more than elite troops in long drawn out wars. That said I feel like the quality bonuses are so powerful it would be OP if the other half of the idea set wasn't naval.

I feel that unless you're going for a world conquest, or if you're really bad at the game (like I am) it's more fun to take flavorful roleplaying choices than optimum meta builds.

e: since we're unlocking a new unit type could we see the pips of the old and new units?

Soylent Pudding fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 8, 2023

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Mirrors posted:

I think with innovative at least, offensive is more meta, as sieges are more damaging to manpower in the late game than field battles, and that sweet sweet siege ability/siege pip from the policy are very helpful. Plus lots of leader pips make up for the lovely troops compared to quality.

That makes sense but from an RP perspective I'll probably be arguing defensive for our next military idea.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

C, F

So far our fellow dwarves respond only with conflict as we assert our rightful claim to the mountains. Perhaps with the path of influence we can find a peaceful way to bring them under our banners.

Every fiber of my being as a dwarf says we should take the ideas of defense and make our holds impregnable. Yet we have seen over and over even the most fortified holds fall. We are a new people who do not hide in our hold from the outside world. We embrace the world by delving deeper, adventuring farther, and discovering faster. Let us take offensive ideas so that rather than hiding behind our walls, our armies can make our enemies cower behind theirs.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

surface. I'm 100% onboard with our anti-tradition multi species dwarf republic theme. For what is tradition but a holdfast of the mind, rigid and claustrophobic right up until it is destroyed by the dynamics world outside it.

Also this LP is motivating me to try and pull myself away from Midnight Suns to play some dwarves of my own. If I manage it what are some decent dwarf runs to try for a not particularly good EU4 player new to Anbennar ?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AtomikKrab posted:

the hoardcurse is the dwarves hoarding the wealth for THEMSELVES individually rather than for the good of the state, note that Sybot it looks like avoided his leader becoming greedy which is entirely a thing in the hoardcurse and now you must kill your cursed dwarf leader.

Dwarf communism when?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

offense

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Comrades, I understand the dwarven urge to fall back and shelter in our holds! But we have seen time and time again this is the path of ruin.

When the misguided leaders of other holds stood against our union, they relies on their sturdy walls and dug in troops. Yet in the end they became stagnant and could not outlast us.

This new enemy further shows the power of swift, decisive offense. They struck without warning, appearing behind our defenses. But they did not stop to fortify their gains. They used the railway to move their forces faster than any thought possible, overwhelming our defenses before they could even start standing their ground and putting us on the back foot.

These obsidian dwarves have shown a new way of war. One of speed and firepower. Unfortunately for them even their hardest blow couldn't defeat our armies. Now is the time to take the fight back to them. We will learn the lesson they taught us. And we will dutifully study and innovate and show the world we are the masters.of this new kind of war.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

E, A

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

C, 2

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Most importantly we invented trains.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

B, 2

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

This was a fun playthrough.

I think I'm gonna be voting for both pirate options and the ecoterrorist halflings.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Communal sounds the most interesting.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

it is, it is a glorious thing
To be a Pirate Queen

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Would administrative reduce the admin point burden of our conquests? Even so, I'm not sure that would offset the admin cost of investing in the idea group in the first place.

I think scrapping expansion and getting Maritime a military idea is the best bet. Maritime has some really nice bonuses for trade and for ship combats while importantly costing diplo instead of mil points. That's means we can swap expansion for a mil idea set without worrying about having the mil points to fill out both. I personally like quality more in that case.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Yeah I'm thinking Maritime is not so much about winning individual battles but that the bonuses to sailors and marine force limit will let us sustain a larger force, and that the bonuses to ship speed, repairs, and blockade efficiency will let the ships we have more effectively fight many battles all over the ocean.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Will the revolution give us communist hell trains?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

G- Nuugdan Tsarai– Humans. The tribes of the great steppes fight and pillage atop their deadly terrorbirds.

Mongols but on birds sounds fun.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I really wanted the skybird Mongols but I guess now I'm going all in on kobolds.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Bloody Pom posted:

Artificery is a Cannorian kobold thing, and mostly revolves around them replacing their body parts with magitek augments in a misguided attempt to bring themselves closer to dragons.

They added Malatora?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Sybot posted:

Vote Result

In an unsurprising turn of events, the golden dragon boys won with an absolute majority. Since this was obviously coming, I'm already halfway through writing up the first update so it should be up in a couple of days.

Looking forward to it. :smaug:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

RabidWeasel posted:

These are all purely military bonuses except for Divine which has some other stuff mixed in there but not anything to do with inflation as far as I recall.

Divine doesn't do anything to help inflation. It does have bonuses to dev cost, legitimacy, prestige from land battles, unrest reduction, and culture conversion cost. Militarily it looks like it reduces the management cost of reducing war exhaustion as well as reducing morale and fire damage received. It also gives extra manpower.from true faith provinces. It's an interesting set of bonuses I've never really looked at because I rarely play a nation that can take this set.

Reducing morale damage received is probably nice to offset our kobald morale debuff. I think we're early in the game for the fire damage reduction to matter much but it's probably very useful later on. I don't think we need the extra manpower but then again maybe it'll help us reinforce our weaker units for longer and improve our staying power in a drawn out war?

I'm probably still partial to defensive because on top of the fort bonus, the bonuses to morale and army tradition gain are nice.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Yay we finally find out what the temples did.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

This was a great playthrough. Really enjoyed the Kobolds more than I expected.

I hope we get to return to Aelantir at some point and delve more into the lore about the ruination of the precursor elves and the ancient aliens stuff they were getting up to.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

SirPhoebos posted:

I made five votes, but heart belongs to POTION SELLER!

I'm curious about this one but I somehow missed it in the list when I made my votes. It sounds interesting but also humans seem a bit boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Grizzwold posted:

Corin is one letter away from corn, so I’m going with that

Corn for the corn god! Pies for the pie throne!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Hey now

We keep all non-halflings in varying strata of underclasses!

It sounds like we're pulling a reverse Invader Zim and making rights and social status proportional to how short your species is.