Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Just dropping in to say I've read through this entire thread and have gotten into a bit of an Anbennar hole thanks to you. Will be following the adventures of our funny small lizard men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

What do you imagine the role of the various martial arts schools is at this point? Or, to a greater extent, the practice of Virtuous Path cultivation in general? The sages were universally martial artists and that institution had been wound down, and Xerlanza is sprawling enough at this point that it requires an extensive secular bureaucracy. I imagine they're still major players in the Old Guard, for one thing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If our absolutism keeps us from going on a huge blobbing spree, clearly our influence needs to be up to the task of repeating the Ruin Kingdom project, carving semi-autonomous vassals out of tyrannical foes whose citizens are all given a chance to determine their lives without fear of chains while swaying the good nations to our side.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I haven't played Anbennar myself (though the more I learn about the setting, the more I'm tempted), but we're now 2/2 in these playthroughs on the Obsidian Legion taking over the Serpentspine (not counting the one where we were required to directly intervene, being Dwarves ourselves). Is this a pretty common outcome? Feels like the Obsidian Invasion might be just a smidge overtuned, at least when happening to NPCs.