Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

AI:Monarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I was inspired to reinstall eu4 get it back up to date on everything and started as a dwarf due to this lp

I dug too deep too quickly, everything EVERYTHING is on fire and I'm in debt for the next 100 years or so, but its been great so far, would continue to do this stuff.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Poil posted:

How about some properly dwarven music to celebrate? :toot:

Colm McGuiness cover of Misty Mountains, sung in Tolkien dwarfish with a voice as deep as the roots of the mountain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wIShPoAWyw

And because it's impossible to mention dwarves and music without it (lyrics are in the bloody thread title!) and despite that you've probably heard them already, the Diggy Diggy Hole song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0
And of course the amazing metal cover by Wind Rose:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU

Am I reading it wrong or is that 300 admin for a colonist that only sticks around for 50 years? The expansion one is 400 admin for almost as many years. Much better deal but it does consume an entire idea group, even if it does have other benefits.

Dwarves have some natural colonist capacity built in and in the southern spine area past 50 years a lot of the territory will probably be divvied up already,

Some personal updates

I got uh... even more disasters! which is great because they stole all my money to try to fix it, but also the jerk empire that had taken over most of the middle section of the spine got Wrecked so i'm gonna go eat the leftovers

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 11, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

A and D

Trade can literally make you cocaine bear levels of money and to be honest while YES the other dwarves are looking hostile we are probably well ahead of the game on reclaiming and advancing things rather than needing to fight right NOW, and we can always buy mercs.

Also Odval Tungr needs its own tree, loving rip off that they don't have one and also not a way to dig a shaft to connect to the spine with that.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

going for an outlier

DO our missions

Missions provide a lot of flavor, and fluff and other things

Also do we have any more expedition points inside our control right now? if we have the spare resources those can be a profitable way to get more monarch mana.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sybot posted:

I was planning on doing the missions either way the vote went, so don't worry about that. It'll just end up being a bit weird if the vote goes for Mountains as we'll poke our heads out for a while then turn around and go back.

We gained several more expedition points from the last war, they are on the list of things to spend manpower on when we have some downtime.

I mean, I think most of the dwarf trees involve at least some messing around with outside of the mountain areas themselves.

Mountains it is We can do a little surface for our missions but we can strike the earth better than they can.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 14, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Surface! Covering just in the mountains is boring.

There is plenty of HFS in these mountains.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sybot posted:

I don't plan on missing out of any of that. Even if Surface wins we'll still be delving deeper within our own mountains, and if the other dwarves fail in their tasks we can move in to liberate them. The one thing I'm not sure on is the likelihood of the AI dwarves to trigger something like that, but hopefully as a player I can dig deeper and greedilyer than them.

Current vote stands at:
Surface - 17
Mountains - 9

I've had a not even dwarf surface empire take over a chunk of the mountains and set that stuff off... then get utterly annihilated by it to much hilarity And my own personal benefit in not having a 15 year truce to deal with

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I personally feel that having integration of the minorities should be an option for completing the missions instead of just eliminating the populations, its... kinda a sour note.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Agean90 posted:

I'm kinda fine with "i would simply ignore a centuries long grudge that ended in near genocide" not being an option in a lot of cases and forcing players to be suboptimal sometimes is nice

Being nice is not exactly optimal in of itself, there are a lot of events that while they might boost tolerance will also mess your stuff off, and for example in the refugee event the optimal path is to take their money from them.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

So it's possible to stave off the curse of hoarding by... hoarding wealth...? :thunk:

the hoardcurse is the dwarves hoarding the wealth for THEMSELVES individually rather than for the good of the state, note that Sybot it looks like avoided his leader becoming greedy which is entirely a thing in the hoardcurse and now you must kill your cursed dwarf leader.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Offense seems good

Note that this disaster can be triggered by the ai as well... and even say an outside power that has entered the serpentspine... and then got eaten by the dwarves leading to them having a massive ABOVE ground empire.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

There is some good lore if you are successful with the first option at the finale there with the dwarf

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

B

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sybot posted:

For reference, the Phoenix Empire does hold one of the gems, but taking it will cost a lot of warscore so it's a lower priority than just taking territory. The other gems are mostly in the hands of Khugdihr, who are our ostensible allies against Orlazam-az-dihr. Perhaps we can snipe the gems from them at a later point, but the vote taken a while ago was for us to focus on the surface rather than conquering our fellow dwarves.

It seems like B is almost the unanimous choice, so I will close the poll early if one of the other options doesn't have a comeback by later today.

40% is not a LOT of warscore to get the gems

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

I just think that there's a big fancy dwarf hat out there and it's not right that we don't have all of it.

But getting the holds is still more important for now.

I mean, you pretty much HAVE to take on the command to get one piece of it, so until we have that gem its a bit pointless to worry on the others.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

2, E

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

So is the big grey blotch out east The Forbidden Plains that's been referenced a few times? Or is that the area south of the Khet?

Thats the plains, Centaur and lake country.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

So we've got the crown and citrine now, but passed on the Jade this time. OTHER than the Jade, Khugdihr now holds all other pieces of our rightful Senate Hall Decoration?

I don't think we were at war with the Jade March

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sybot posted:

I mentioned at Ovdal-az-an grabbed the Jade Gem from the Jade March at one point. So Rody One Half is correct, once we get a better chance to grab it then we just need a quick smash-and-grab against Khugdihr to finish the job.

Ah, perfect then,

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

C, 3

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Azjakuma or Chaingrasper, IMO. In that order.

I agree with this, Chaingrasper is simply an amazing playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Gnolltide