Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Aesculus posted:

Is there a mechanic for digging too deep?

There are two disasters related to digging too deep (tough) and also events for digging into caverns held by hostile orcs/goblins (easy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Sybot posted:

It wouldn't be a dwarf game without it. Try not to give any more details though, the disasters are one of the big draws of this mod so I'm looking forward to people who've never seen them before finding out just what they are like.

Sure thing, I was trying to keep it vague for just that reason 🙂

H: Khugdihr for banker dwarves.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

I personally feel that having integration of the minorities should be an option for completing the missions instead of just eliminating the populations, its... kinda a sour note.

Hear, hear.

It's technically possible to proclaim expulsion, complete the mission and then immediately cancel the expulsion, but that doesn't make much narrative sense either. Still, it's tiresome that as written in the mod this mission shoe horns in ethnic cleansing for no particular reason.

In fact the mod has recently shoehorned in a brunch of dwarf-goblin-orc events about racism, which IMO it'd be better off without.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Aesculus posted:

Purely mechanics-wise, it's actually kind of risky to try and integrate orcs or any non-goblin races. They can easily grow into a large minority and then a majority in your hold provinces, and holds have to have a dwarven, goblin or kobold majority to work. Accidentally letting too many orcs in can tank your entire economy as you lose literally half your tax/production income.

Is this a new thing? I have literally never seen a minority turn into a majority, outside of of using one of the state-sponsored genocide/ethnic cleansing buttons, and I've been playing since Bulwar was a new introduction.

Edit: refugees *can* increase autonomy in a province all the way to 100%, but IME that resolves itself fairly fast so long as you build a courthouse in the province

Caustic Soda fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 21, 2023

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Chronometry posted:

It helps that in 1.35, Kheterata now uses the EoC Mandate mechanic (localised in Anbennar as Chosen of the Khet), without having the benefit of being Ming-huge in 1444.

This also means that if a Gnollish state seizes the Mandate they skip straight from Tribal to Monarchy, which can be quite the power boost (due to Estates) if they can keep Mandate up.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
One Xia has kobolds too, added a months or two ago on the bitbucket.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Man, if I knew that Kungfu Kobolds were elsewhere, I'd have voted for them :( Maybe the next game!

Balrijin also has Kungfu Kobolds, but it isn't their main focus.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
Astronomy Cthulhu dwarf are implemented, you'll need to migrate to and rebuild Dur-Vazhatun, located in the northeastern-most hold of the West Serpentspine, across from the caves leading to Krakdhumvor.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

VideoWitch posted:

ah, well that is less then ideal. Do the kobolds have any real chance against The Command here or is it just a "hope we don't get our assess kicked too hard" situation?

Yes, it's possible to ward off the Command through attrition so long as Balrijin troops can push a stack off a fort on occasion. The Oni Hills are excellent for defense in depth.

Going on the offensive is probably infeasible anytime soon though, unless the Command gets hit by a nasty coalition. They usually don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Snipee posted:

I’m confident that having our military might be dependent on our oppressed minority can only be good for us

Exactly! Just look how well it worked for the Abbasids, Samanids, Ayyubids and Ottomans :allears: