Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_fq7rjxAo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Ah, good old Ovdal Lodhum. Thankfully the remnants usually aren't much more than a speedbump early on. They don't appear to have fully colonized that rail section, so you can easily raze the colony and then take their lunch money.

Also, I don't believe it's explained anywhere, but morale decay scales based on the gap between the expedition party's cut and the estimated available loot.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Xerophyte posted:

There's some perfectly fine CYOA nonsense in the text and there's a lot of care put in the UI, so I really wish they had come up with something better mechanically.

Given the constraints of the game they're building upon, and the amount of code wizardry that was likely required to get even the current system to function correctly, I think this is probably the best that can be done with the tools available.

That said, I think the general consensus within the Anbennar community is to save the longer/more difficult expeditions for when you already have your economic base set up and are up to date on tech. Something to spend your mana on while your holds are busy digging deeper.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 3, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Quality would probably be a trap choice for dwarves most of the time, as a lot of the ideas are naval bonuses that you would see little if any use for. Orlghelovar and Shaztundihr are the two notable exceptions.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Those are good points, yeah. I suppose when playing Anbennar my idea choices tend to lean into the flavor of who I'm playing as more than vanilla. Which in the case of dwarves means taking defensive ideas and laughing as the invaders bleed themselves dry against my impenetrable fort cheese. Zones of control are REALLY powerful in the Dwarovar.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

B, C

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Welp. :zombie:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Infrastructure Ideas are so tailor-made for dwarves that I have to wonder if someone high up at PDX Tinto was playing Anbennar a bunch during their downtime.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:ussr::yarr::ussr:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hell yes, gnoll-sized pepperboxes :black101:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:catdrugs: but it's a hyena

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That is a hideous tricolor.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Of course the precursor elves had Stargates :allears:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm personally hoping for kobbo adventures :smaug:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:smaug:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Artificery is a Cannorian kobold thing, and mostly revolves around them replacing their body parts with magitek augments in a misguided attempt to bring themselves closer to dragons.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Lorent has a tendency, in my experience, once it finishes its initial reunification to COMPLETELY ignore everything going on in Cannor and completely focus upon colonial adventures.

Like in my last game as Elikhand Grombar just unhinged its jaw and swallowed Gawed whole and Lorent simply couldn’t be arsed.

My current Gor Burad game (very fun btw) had Frozenmaw get so thoroughly annihilated by Crovis that they don't even have any cores left. Corinite also didn't spawn until the mid-1550s, and Lorent has been reduced to a rump state by an ascendant Gawed that mysteriously allowed the gnomes to live.

Not that any of that impacts me, I'm too busy building a perpetually angry, fanatically isolationist lavapunk autarky.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 18, 2024

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Quorum posted:

Hooray for making new spooky friends! :iia:

:skeltal:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Missed a trick by not making Double Dragon the update title imo :v:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

NewMars posted:

In a good way, or a bad way?

It's less Skeletor and more Castlevania Dracula. Make of that what you will.

Seconding Chaingrasper for Skeletor LARPing. There's also Gemradcurt if Warcraft III meets Frozen sounds like your thing.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

If we're doing this on the live build, the trolls just got a pretty sizeable overhaul.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sybot posted:

Do you have a link to the PR or update notes? I've been poking around the Bitbucket and haven't been able to find anything.

It might actually have been Mire Maw that I was thinking of :dumb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A Small Fellow always pays her debts.