Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Very fun start for this new nation! I began to play Anbennar because of this thread, but haven't messed around in Aelantir much because of most of the Cannorian MTs being a bit old, apparently, so I'm looking forward to more of this.

And by the by, your prose for the little intro segments has been great. Makes me want to read a full Anbennar novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah, and if someone's a great tactical genius, it doesn't necessarily translate to being a strategic or logistical one. But it is video games at the end of the day I suppose.

This LP is still going strong by the by, loving it. I never gently caress around with botes and don't really understand them so I'm curious where Mykx is going beyond dealing demon meth.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

The monstrous races getting more discipline and such over time is one of my favorite aspects of Anbennar, I think. Tluukt is one of my favorite MTs because of that, this band of demon worshiping monster hyenas becoming a state with a caste of state-raised administrators overtime. Curious to see where the Mykx tree goes from here. I'm guessing you're staying full Monstrous to go with the evil campaign theme, though.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

God, being sent to Aelantir in this world must be a terrifying prospect. Even aside from all the usual dangers of being on a frontier, there's also a devil-worshiping thalassocracy getting everyone addicted to coke that eats your soul that seemingly no one can beat.

That's a very scary Lorent, too. And I think this is the first time I've seen an ascendant Obsidian Legion. Definitely a version of Anbennar I wouldn't want to live in. It is fun to see the development of the gnolls over time, though.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

And so the gnolls of Mykx are dragged kicking and screaming into demonsterized statecraft by sheer necessity of managing spoils from a whole continent, who would have thought?

I'm surprised you're so low on the great powers totem pole, though, but from what you've been saying you're entirely reliant on raiding and capturing flagships to stay afloat, right? Guess you're just a navy that only very recently has parasitically grown a state to attach to.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Sad that Mercenary didn't win, it'd be interesting from an RP perspective and be something I basically never see taken in EUIV LPs

Mykx would basically just be gnoll cocaine Outer Heaven at that point.

What are the use cases for getting mercenary ideas anyway? I feel like they're basically only used in the starting few decades of a game before your force limit basically becomes infinite. Is it just for gimmick runs where you take advantage of NIs to get dirt cheap troops, basically?

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Why would a guy called "The All-Powerful" write a book against social inequalities?

It's an issue in translation; it's a Gaz phrase meaning "all are powerful," clearly.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

A gnarcorepublic, if you will

GunnerJ posted:

This is probably the one time I won't be annoyed by a "revolution turns bad" storyline, because "free evil drugs for all" is not even a great starting point.

Christ, these gnolls are terrible!

Having a religion of worshiping literal demons makes it really hard to be nice, unfortunately! All the pre-xhazobkult stuff with the gnolls in Bulwar makes them much more reasonable, if still slaving jerks.

I think currently the only not-utterly-evil MT the gnolls have is Tluukt, but there's a formable in the bitbucket that seems like it has potential to be good (the one where gnolls become Kheterata and convert to Khetism)

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

"The Revolution is freeing the slaves."

"That's good."

"They're making them snort demon powder."

"That's bad."

"They're invading the Cannorian colonies in Aelantir to overthrow them."

"That's good."

"They're following that up by invading Cannor and have taken Anbenncóst."

"..."

"That's bad."

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

What would you be doing for the artifice capacity one, anyhow? I thought it was relatively very low capped unless you're one of the artificery species.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Gnoll Adam Smith embodies a greed demon? Sounds about right.

Only fifty years left, though. Has Cannor stopped randomly declaring war on you after you kicked Lorent's rear end, or are you still handling them off screen?

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Very curious what you have going on with the revolution in Bhuvauri and where Jyntas went. Compelling writing as usual.

Bhuvauri getting an MT and thus Jyntas getting expanded is the top of my wishlist with Anbennar. Thinking on it, though, it's funny that dragons are nearly extinct and thus so incredibly rare yet four nations can be sort of ruled by them (the Dragon Dominion, Aakheta, Bhuvauri, and Balrijin/Xerlanza). Am I missing any or are those four the only dragons still around in Anbennar?

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

I still don't know how I feel about the spirits as a thing, they feel so discontiguous with the rest of the setting. I know Anbennar is a bunch of regions with different gimmicks stapled together, but the spirits are such a big deal and so common/fundamental to Haless after the Rending that it feels like the equivalent would be like... the laws of physics being slightly different once you step foot in Asia or something. Why aren't there tons of spirits or big temples to suppress them in, say, Cannor? I'm sure there is a lore reason for that, but I'm not sure there is one that could be satisfactory to how strange that feels to me.

As for the recent update, glad to see Jyntas is down but not out. I suppose the revolutionaries would make a big deal out of it if they caught and killed the dragon that had been masterminding their country for centuries, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Echoing everyone else in saying that was a great epilogue. Dragons are cool.

As for the new vote... Newshire is probably the best bet for showing off things the LP hasn't if the focus there is magic, but drat if I'm not a sucker for the concept of a heroic lich and Egyptian stuff.