Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
AI, Clan Republic

That there's my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Surface.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
B, Time, 1

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Honestly, I think the hoardcurse could use a little more flavour to show the situation of the dwarf-on-the-street.

Also it's a hilariously realistic consequence that a stratified, strongly clannish society suddenly gaining access to the wealth of a continent-spanning empire that had like a dozen times the population at it's height, plus centuries worth of advances in extractive technology would result in incredible inflation, massive corruption and hideous inequality.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Offense!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Yeah, see these?

Each one of those ones is currently it's own stack and isolated. When they link up the AI will just doomstack them and roll over us. The way you deal with that is by hitting them before they blob up. Quantity would also require us to raise armies to fight them, which takes time: and the longer they're around the more likelier they are to do that and to consolidate their territories.

Also, we can't play as them right now because, if I recall correctly, they don't have content yet.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Glad to see that we really did make the right choice. I am curious now though, do the obsidian dwarves have content yet, or was that me misremembering.

Anyway, the vote:

A: Administrative, B: Economic.

I feel that by going this way, we really can make our nation into an incredible powerhouse: an efficient, wealthy state to be a shining model for all to follow.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
B1

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Incidentally, that sky-staring hold's mission tree is actually complete for people playing at home: you can get yourself a copy of the indevelopment public release beta and play it.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
B. Get them holds back!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
1,E.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
For what it's worth, I always thought that plutocracy was badly named: it really should be something else, but I'm not sure how to sum up the idea of civic virtue in a single word? Liberty, or Liberalism might be good ones, what with having abolishment of serfdom and bill of rights as it's first couple of ideas.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
B, 2 For me.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I will note that the ogres content is actually technically incomplete: there's going to be a horrific disaster affecting all of Haless directly caused by their meddling with the temples that will also be a part of The Command's content as well.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Is the old sun cult really evil? I thought their thing was not bowing to religiously-mandated elvish superiority.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
People! That last image is a link to the poll, I don't think in-thread votes will be counted.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Slightly Lions posted:

Smh, can't believe goons are passing up the opportunity to become the Holy Roman Vamperor of the Holy Roman Vampire. Shameful, really. :arghfist::drac:

Wouldn't that be the Holy Roman Vempire?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Oh yeah, by the way, in the latest dev versions they've added something because playing dwarfs was too easy. A whole new, incredibly bad disaster! Basically, a religious revival of the old dwarvern pantheon, abandoned in the flight from the depths in favour of ancestor worship starts. And unless they rebalanced it since I last played it makes the hoardcurse look like a joke in terms of horrible, horrible rebellions everywhere.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I couldn't see a way to keep ancestor worship myself, although with all the placeholder stuff that was in because I was playing the github version I probably just missed the option.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Well. This has been a good update for us. Wondering how well our next showdown with the command will go...

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I must say the rending is a very impressive piece of work and makes me deeply invested in seeing what else the team can do. In particular, I can't wait for the one day promised colonial Aelantir revamp/expansion.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
On a note, this reminds me that I really liked the oni nation path right up until the council gets usurped and you just become cartoonish evil instead of complicated evil.

That bit just ruined the whole nation for me.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Firebatgyro posted:

The new Luciande tree is cartoonishly and non-sensically evil if thats the vibe you are going for. Bad dialogue included.

In a good way, or a bad way?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Sybot posted:

Lies, there's one right here.

Friendship trolls! Love and giant cuddles for all! (These guys are available in the Bitbucket, near to Verkal Gulan in the Middle Dwarovar)

Shame they don't seem to have their own mission tree yet, but their national ideas indicate they'll be a remarkably neat playthrough when they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I can't believe it: we're inventing suburbs. Most evil nation in mod, easy.