Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

A - Krakdhûmvror for magicky dwarves

Is there a mechanic for digging too deep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

BV, Monarchy

Expansion is kind of a trap option for dwarven remnants, I feel. Sure extra colonists sound great, but it's usually really hard to afford them when starting off as a one province hold, and the dwarvorar usually gets colonized quickly enough by the AI that by the midgame you'll be sitting on 3 colonists with nothing to do. That, and only being able to colonize adjacent provinces meaning you'll never be able to use all your extra colonists anyway unless you really want some worthless caves that spawn a 10k native stack every month.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Comedy option: Monarchy, but have Blackbeard abdicate to his powerful mage heir ASAP, and then have the mage-king become a lich-king of a magocracy raising undead armies to solve our manpower problems :unsmigghh:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

wedgekree posted:

How long until we can justify the 'make the borders pretty' wars?

~1650 is when we get the nationalism and imperialism CBs, and when blobageddon really begins.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

B, D

I don't actually know if we're in a good position for trade or for dominating a good trade node, but offensive + innovative is absolutely a thing we need if we want to ever siege down any dwarven holds in any reasonable amount of time. +20% siege abiliity from the ideas plus another +20% and +1 leader siege from the policy is not to be underestimated.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Soylent Pudding posted:

surface. I'm 100% onboard with our anti-tradition multi species dwarf republic theme. For what is tradition but a holdfast of the mind, rigid and claustrophobic right up until it is destroyed by the dynamics world outside it.

Also this LP is motivating me to try and pull myself away from Midnight Suns to play some dwarves of my own. If I manage it what are some decent dwarf runs to try for a not particularly good EU4 player new to Anbennar ?

Seghdilr is pretty fun, if frustratingly RNG/hoping the AI doesn't go really stupid based. There's a roughly 50% chance of Verkal Gulan getting eaten by harpies or the Jadd before you can get through your starting missions, and that basically breaks your game, so it can be worthwhile allying them immediately then trucebreaking and eating the -5 stab hit if you end up needing to.

Other than that you actually ave a functional economy, multiple directions to expand, no major threats until the mid-endgame and no disasters apart from the generic dwarven ones.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Purely mechanics-wise, it's actually kind of risky to try and integrate orcs or any non-goblin races. They can easily grow into a large minority and then a majority in your hold provinces, and holds have to have a dwarven, goblin or kobold majority to work. Accidentally letting too many orcs in can tank your entire economy as you lose literally half your tax/production income.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

A, Time, 3

We only have until 1821 to conquer the entire world (unless Anbennar changes the end date), money we can earn whenever but administrative power we cannot

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

A, E

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

So begins blobageddon...
32000 dev by 1750 or bust :colbert:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Plan Blob Blob Blob:

C, 1

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Look, it's fine, we've already survived two once-in-a-century disasters including an invasion from the underworld, I'm sure this won't be a big deal. Just wash your hands and we can blob and expand as usual.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

All of this could have been avoided if people had just washed their hands :colbert:

B

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

3, C

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 29, 2023

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

How much development/manpower are we compared to Gawed and Bhuvauri?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

C, 3

I demand blob