Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kughdir, let's become the bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the Dwarves, except imho Almdhir/Aul-Dwarov and they're fixing that in the next big update.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I still want to play a Goblin and Dwarf rail nation.

United by trains!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I loooove expeditions, but I wish they still had the %chance of positive/negative outcomes for the choices that were displayed during the testing phase on the bitbucket version.

Another note is that some race get unique decisions in some of the expedition events. For instance, if you're a goblin who meets other goblins you can try to recruit them.

Bloody Pom posted:

Ah, good old Ovdal Lodhum. Thankfully the remnants usually aren't much more than a speedbump early on. They don't appear to have fully colonized that rail section, so you can easily raze the colony and then take their lunch money.

Also, I don't believe it's explained anywhere, but morale decay scales based on the gap between the expedition party's cut and the estimated available loot.

Yeah, I don't remember the exact formula but it usually adds up to about half the minimum expected loot to not get the morale debuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

CV, Merchant Rpublic

We're gonna need money to make this work!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Aesculus posted:

Comedy option: Monarchy, but have Blackbeard abdicate to his powerful mage heir ASAP, and then have the mage-king become a lich-king of a magocracy raising undead armies to solve our manpower problems :unsmigghh:

We'll get an undead dwarf hold at some point!

There's Dak the goblin lich far east.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

Quality would probably be a trap choice for dwarves most of the time, as a lot of the ideas are naval bonuses that you would see little if any use for. Orlghelovar and Shaztundihr are the two notable exceptions.

One day we'll get an Ovdal Tungr Mission tree. One day.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Cobalt blue!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Surface. Let's "help" Ovdal Tungr.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Asra Company are another good start, as you're garanteed to get Kughdir. You wanna do some expeditions first though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Time, working 9 to 5, that's a way to make a living.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tiny Azka-Evran surrounded by all these Dwarves.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah if you manage to convince Verdric to give up you get some really interesting stuff.

Man I love the expeditions and dungeons. Sometimes too rng-bullshit, but they're so fun!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I voted Aelnar because it’s quite probably the evilest.

Dak Chaingrasper is just a little guy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Make the Raj great again.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I voted for Balris but they're all good choices.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I never managed to get rolling as the Goldies so I'm hoping the Lp can help me there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

This is really cool! I can't believe how much effort has gone into creating this mod.

I feel like we should also celebrate the effort of Sybot. That's a LOT of words!

I've been curious about the vampires in Haless for a while. They have a unique government but no content otherwise.