Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This being my first time seeing Anbennar, can someone give me a precis on Gawed? They've been gettin' huge all game and I don't know anything about them. Are they typically a contender for world domination or is this a really good game for them?

Also, love that we very quickly turned into Tolerance Dorf.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I have to say, being a piratical narco-state of demon-blooded hooligans does make the gameplay mesh with the narrative much more than being a bunch of liberal crusaders did in the Dwarven playthrough. We were an expansionistic imperial state, at the very least since we started conquering large chunks of the surface, and I felt it clashed with the multicultural and democratic society that the updates described.* Here, of course we're going to conquer poo poo and take thousands of slaves. That's what those other civs are there for!

Your fiction interludes have also been particularly enjoyable in this playthrough as well, Sybot. Two thumbs and a pseudopenis up.

* e: of course, that's also true of real life democratic empires.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Looking forward to taking the islands that we once left behind.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Seems like we're making a lot less money this time around, is that the case or am I just misremembering?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I meant compared to the Dwarves. Do we not have as many things to spend money on as pirates?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Anyone voting for Economic should be tossed on the pyre. We take, we do not barter.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

We seem like we're in extremely good shape. What are our expansion plans at this point?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Looking forward to us rounding the Dameshead and looting the poo poo out of the empire.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Sad that Mercenary didn't win, it'd be interesting from an RP perspective and be something I basically never see taken in EUIV LPs

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

When have Goons ever decided to try and smother Revolution? I, for one, look forward to a Great Society, where freedom from Want of More Drugs has been achieved.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Everyone is equal in Xhazob's gullet.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Pacho posted:

Somehow we ended up as revolutionary republican multiracial skaven gnolls so I guess the proper thing is more artificiery

MORE DOOMWHEELS.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, I think if the Obsidian Dwarves ever figure out how to build good boats they're gonna run the world for a long while. As is, Mykx will certainly hang onto its empire for a while until the decadence sets in. I'm guessing there aren't any actual events for finding the pit of hell implemented yet.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, we're very into the ethnic cleansing of the Oni population in the territory we ostensibly conquered for the purpose of looking for Balris, huh?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

Sonic Seyz there's no such thing as an Ethical EUIV Playthrough.

Oh, definitely. I appreciate the responses giving some more background about the Oni.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Balris gonna end up running the empire himself.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

perpetually angry fanatically isolationist lavapunk autarky is my favorite band.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

It is better to jaw jaw than war war.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

A golden era of living and spirit relations!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I wonder what Cannor looks like right now. Clearly Lorent is doing its usual thing.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Doesn't quite fit with the Goldscale narrative of being a less expansionist power, though. At least our dictator actually did the Cincinnatius thing.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Having Balris take the field is amazing.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I don't think we've done a high magic playthrough, we started with the Dwarves and tons of artificing, went Pirate, and are now ~19th century Whigs. If Sybot does another run (and I hope they do, I really have enjoyed these) Imma vote for whatever makes us a mageocracy.

Also, man, I really dunno about some of these spirits. They're pretty demanding and don't seem to understand one person one vote (where person is any ilk of sophont).

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Neat, the Bhuvari Revolution's politics are like the Demarchists from Alistair Reynold's Revelation Space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm hoping the Vamps can pull it out, it seems like a very interesting play style. Blood Magic Halflings currently in the lead, tho.