Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Arcanuse posted:

Went Lenient. There is a fine, delicate balance between being merciful and looking weak; showing strength and setting yourself up for mutiny.
(Whether Leniency actually succeeds at this or flunks both for being wishy-washy is to be seen.)

I'm leaning that way too. Gnolls are pack creatures at heart, so even with all the demon stuff, there's a certain level of reciprocity to go along with the discipline. Plus there's plenty of slaves and isolated monasteries full of gold to visit the unholy fury of the demon hordes upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

McGavin posted:

I went Communal because the idea of demon-worshipping slaver pirates sitting down to talk about their feelings was funny.

broke: demon blood sacrifice circles
woke: demon conflict resolution circles
bespoke: demon conflict resolution / blood sacrifice circles

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Pirate Queens would synergize well with our near-permanent 100% Naval Tradition and boosts to admiral skill from Naval ideas. We'll already be breeding godlike admirals, might as well recruit them to be godlike rulers, too!

Also we're already going down the autocratic, fist-of-terror route, a blood-drenched pirate queen just fits.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

:toot: I love shiny kobbo boys, they're so earnest.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

RabidWeasel posted:

Seems like we've already got a decent number of incentives to develop our territory so Infrastructure is a solid pick, it also has reduced fort maintenance which has synergy with our existing defensive stuff. Plus I want to see you abuse that -100% depletion gold mine, inflation be damned!

I agree. With our administrative wiz of a Golden Sage and some hellwars coming up against the Command it makes sense to spend admin rather than mil, and Infrastructure has a lot that we could use: dev cost, movement speed, construction cost and time, and fort maintenance. Plus, the Defensive+Infrastructure policy increases both enemy attrition and our garrison size. Grind them to dust against our walls!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

A few countries' missions do have a path to integrate the Oni on some level, but not a lot. There's the Jaddari, but then they'll accept almost literally anybody as long as they accept the Jadd. As far as native Halessi go, I think it's mostly other mustache twirling anime villains (the other Left-hand Path countries) or pragmatic imperialists like the Command or Bianfang who don't mind pissing off everybody if it means getting to extract resources more efficiently or whatever.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Balris got caught up in doomscrolling, fell asleep, and wanted to hit the snooze button when he got woken up. Truly relatable. :unsmith:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

We could go with crueler options, but then Balris would be disappointed. :ohdear:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Hooray for making new spooky friends! :iia:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Mom and dad was mostly me bullshitting. Dragons are asexually reproducing non-binary giant lizards with little displayed interest in identifying as a given gender in Anbennar.

Which means that, logically, we must assume the existence of a dragon who hoards gender expressions.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Oh boy, this can only have good results for all Halessi. Surely the bourgeoisie of the dystopian artificer dragon slave state will be friendly and cooperative after throwing off their shackles.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

The lore reason is that Halann, as a D&D-inspired setting, has outer planes that are closer to the prime material plane in some places than in others. Haless is where the Spirit Plane is closest, the Feywild Fey Realm touches the Deepwoods and Eordand, and the Shadowfell Shadow Plane pops up in those grotty troll swamps in Sarhal. The elemental planes do similar things, and it's suggested that the elven fleets getting lost for centuries after the Day of Ash before landing in Cannor might be because they accidentally took a left turn at the Plane of Water.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Halflings have many fine qualities-- a taste for good food and better pipe weed, for instance-- but disciplined and ferocious warriors they are not. Let's follow the strong halfling tradition of building a peaceful, prosperous country for our people, and then letting everyone else earn a living defending it. We're job creators!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

If the road to hell is paved with good* intentions, then Castanor must have hired the same civil engineers, because so is basically every road in Escann.

*some restrictions apply

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Spirits are naturally pro-imperialism; it was called Space Ghost Coast to Coast for a reason.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

On the one hand, we're doing just a little imperialism, as a treat. On the other hand, we're electing our president at the county fair on the basis of pumpkin pie quality. :allears: I love these lil' guys!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

I'm not sure Newshire is really in a position to colonize overseas, and Escann is already filled up. There's also a good chance they'll have to adapt their approach and worldview in light of Happy Fun Time Events still to come-- I've never played these guys, so I'm excited to see how it turns out for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

More like key lies pie :dadjoke: