Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Voting I - Science Dwarves for glorious trains everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Xerophyte posted:

The Train Dwarves in the Hold of Er-Natvir is not a listed option.

We're gonna invent something better than those old trains, it'll be beautiful: Dwarven. Monorails.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

BX, Clan Republic

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

D, E

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Mountains, we got that diamond for a reason

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

B, Time, 2

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Xerophyte posted:

Narratively the Hoardcurse is thematic but dissonant since what you do to get through unscathed is hoard really hard. The trigger that starts it is having an income of 150 crowns/month. If you stop investing and start hoarding as that number approaches you can go into the curse with 20k+ crowns in the bank. Not needing to take (many) loans makes the event much easier.

So it's possible to stave off the curse of hoarding by... hoarding wealth...? :thunk:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

In all matters, Cobalt Dwarves must progress and adapt.

Offense!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I wanna see the vampires. :smith:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

All gnolls are equally depraved and vicious in the many eyes of Xhazob!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I mean it honestly doesn't make much sense, but I'm interested to see how Sybot rolls with it. If only because it would be the most unusual choice.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I was worried when it seemed clear that the pirate gnolls were going to win that things wouldn't really be all that evil, I mean haha, pirates are practically a meme, there's a whole day to say "Arr mateys" and poo poo!

But no, you're doing really unsettlingly well at showing how loving awful these gnolls are, like drat.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 28, 2023

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Uh, what am I missing about that line?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

This is probably the one time I won't be annoyed by a "revolution turns bad" storyline, because "free evil drugs for all" is not even a great starting point.

Christ, these gnolls are terrible!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

A little side relish of cultural genocide in the mandatory free drugs regime to spice things up.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Not enough choppy bois

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Sybot posted:

If anyone has any other ideas on what to focus on please post them

More choppy bois

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Once again I feel like saying that I was worried the "PIRATES YARR!" option winning would be corny for a "bad guy" run, but the evolution from "pirates" to "theocratic piratical slaver empire" to "slave colony drug kingpins" to "revolutionary drug pushers and cultural genocidaires" to "cutthroat capitalist libertarian drug pushers" has been loving perfect as a fantasy villainous arc in an early modern setting.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Let's do some Elven Democracy, that premise is neat af. I feel like I know very little about elves in this setting and this option seems like it will show off other peoples the LP hasn't focused on yet as well.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

This is the gold standard for what these sorts of grand strategy crises should be. More of this, fewer big old death blobs (which do still have uses tho).

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Hey wait a sec, peahens don't have any kind of impressive display...

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

If I'm reading this right, Balris is basically a super-ranged combat general, and Jyntas is super-cavalry?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Just one elves run, people, we keep seeing elves and magic from a distance, so much lore seems tied up in them tho

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

vampire time

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

Also lmao we’re just a smol bean ethnostate. Can’t have enough non-halflings that they might outvote us….Newshire has a right to exist folks!

lol, glad I'm not the only one noticing a certain parallel here, thought this take would be too hot to share

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I mean I'm not complaining, to be clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Revolutionary liberal monster-men pushing fun devil drugs that give super smarts to everyone in the world is on the "awesome" side of the evil scale, for cool Saturday morning cartoon supervillains. The real world drug trade is not as interesting or clear-cut as this, so it's fantasy story poo poo you can look aghast at but also enjoy watching the trainwreck unfold without it feeling like it's hitting too close to home.

Turning Fantasy Not-Eastern Europe into one big Levittown after your ethnic cleansing/enslavement for lebensraum campaign is like the platonic ideal of evil banality. Real world leaders have done and continue to want to do poo poo like this. Uncomfortable to contemplate once you strip away the veil of cutesy hobbit stuff and realize they're basically pint-sized middle class fascists.

(To be clear, this is not a critique of the LP, and I do want to see this all descend into Kincade painting villainy even more.)

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 4, 2024