Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not anymore, players used to be 'cup tied' in certain competitions but these rules were dropped a few years ago cause they sucked.

Cup tied is still a thing for a bunch of competitions

Edit: specifically cups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

fullroundaction posted:

Was just thinking about if this was a real show, getting the Head Coach from your main rival's team a few games before the championship (or whatever) would be such a big deal for ya know, using everything he knows from coaching the team to defeat them. But of course that doesn't come up once.

I don't know sports. Is there anything that would have (contractually/NDA, etc) prevented Nate from moving to a team like that mid-season for the reasons I stated above?

This was hilarious in American football a while ago when the Raiders coach went over to the Buccaneers and then they faced each other in the Super Bowl. The coach remembered the entire playbook and the Raiders QB got intercepted something like five times.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

ilmucche posted:

Cup tied is still a thing for a bunch of competitions

Edit: specifically cups

Ah well, I thought it was phased out in general but that was only UEFA competitions, the only place it really mattered anyway.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

CPColin posted:

This was hilarious in American football a while ago when the Raiders coach went over to the Buccaneers and then they faced each other in the Super Bowl. The coach remembered the entire playbook and the Raiders QB got intercepted something like five times.

Thankfully raiders fans are reasonable people

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder how many fans have moved house multiple times to follow that team through every move.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

fullroundaction posted:

Was just thinking about if this was a real show, getting the Head Coach from your main rival's team a few games before the championship (or whatever) would be such a big deal for ya know, using everything he knows from coaching the team to defeat them. But of course that doesn't come up once.

I don't know sports. Is there anything that would have (contractually/NDA, etc) prevented Nate from moving to a team like that mid-season for the reasons I stated above?

They took the head coach of their competition and made him assistant to the kit man.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nate should be super hot poo poo by the end of the season. He coached West Ham into contention for the title (although they were apparently out of contention by the end) and bailed on a toxic owner without talking poo poo in public about him. You really NEED a scene of him turning down head coaching offers and explaining why he'd put up with an assistant job again.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
If the actor stays around for a potential women's team spin-off, I could see him being the head coach while Roy stays the men's team head coach.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Teek posted:

If the actor stays around for a potential women's team spin-off, I could see him being the head coach while Roy stays the men's team head coach.
Oh good we can watch him be super weird and rom-com stalker-y around women again.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I’m sorry are people really suggesting more of this awful little goblin man

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah I don't want to see him coaching a men's or women's team or any more of his relationship. Just get him off my tv.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Just going to keep adding to this until I have a full season sketched out.

4.01 (59 minutes): Despondent about the leadership vacuum left by Ted, Nate tries to grow a moustache, quote folksy aphorisms, and cook biscuits. By the end of the episode, an inspiring speech from Higgins makes him realise he needs to be his own man rather than trying to recreate the past.

4.02: Roy is emasculated when the Richmond women's team brings on board Marta, a violent new star player who appears to be even more intimidating, grumpy and foul-mouthed than he is. Luckily, in the end, both characters make a speech about how much they've inspired each other.

4.03: Nate's burgeoning friendship with Tess, the women's team goalie, is misinterpreted by Tess as romantic interest. But how will Nate explain to Tess that he already has a girlfriend when he keeps awkwardly stammering and rambling through every sentence? And, worse yet, what if Jade sees them together at the pub and gets the wrong idea?

4.07: A very special episode where the issue of the gender pay gap in sports is resolved by a spirited and civil discussion in the locker room. The Richmond men's players unanimously agree to take a paycut to achieve equity between the two teams.

4.09 (98 minutes): A very special episode where we follow Richmond fans Baz, Jeremy and Paul on an adventure of their own - as they attempt to court Sandy, Taylor and Bettie, three equally clueless Richmond fans of the women's team. Hilarity ensues, particularly when Baz calls up an old friend in Kansas for some romantic advice...

4.12: Edwin Akufo is back! And this time he's attempting to set up his own all-women's league - one that's formed around outdated and sexist stereotypes and misogynistic appeal. However, by the end of the episode, an inspiring speech from Roy's niece makes him realise

grobbo fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 12, 2023

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

no thank you

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i am a moron posted:

I’m sorry are people really suggesting more of this awful little goblin man

No, he should go coach a different team and disappear from the show completely.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Nate should coach American football at 'Bama next season

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
nate sadly died of a blood infection from a papercut he got while making a diorama of jade's childhood home, which she never disclosed the location of

he is survived by his parents who are now the main characters of the show

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

grobbo posted:

4.07: A very special episode where the issue of the gender pay gap in sports is resolved by a spirited and civil discussion in the locker room. The Richmond men's players unanimously agree to take a paycut to achieve equity between the two teams.

This also implies that Rebecca and Keeley set up the team so that the players would get paid less than the men in the first place.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
When Moms tell their kids that the bullies at school are actually secretly sad and live unpleasant lives, that's usually not true. But in Ted Lasso world, it's true 100% of the time. And every episode is about showing us how sad the bullies are, how much Mom was right.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Cojawfee posted:

This also implies that Rebecca and Keeley set up the team so that the players would get paid less than the men in the first place.

Rupert sues Rebecca and Keeley because they're paying the women more than the men

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Slotducks posted:

no thank you

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

When Moms tell their kids that the bullies at school are actually secretly sad and live unpleasant lives, that's usually not true. But in Ted Lasso world, it's true 100% of the time. And every episode is about showing us how sad the bullies are, how much Mom was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUvFeyGxaaU

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

:canada: unavailable

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

is this the trailer for season 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
I was so happy when Colin was able to kiss his fella on the field. :discourse:

What a great show. I normally don't want to re-watch series, but this one I will in a few years.