Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Hakkesshu posted:

Don't have much to say about most of the season so far, it's been totally decent. I can already tell that the whole psychic plot is going to be REALLY loving bad, though. Like what are you doing giving these loving horrible scam artists even a little bit of credibility. Go see a psychiatrist.

They already had one (well, psychologist), and Ted defeated her with the power of nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

EvilHawk posted:

This was also the very first episode (as far as I know) that Liverpool were officially included as part of the show (the logo is in the background at the start). I'm fairly convinced we're the team that was removed to allow for AFC Richmond in-universe (Liverpool aren't in any of the league tables shown) so yay! We exist!

I remember it being a big deal that for season 3 they had gotten the actual Premier League license, so that they could use the real stadiums, players, logos and other likenesses. I'm sure that would have been useful for a show about football. For Ted Lasso it's barely even noticeable.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Keeley just feels like the kind of character (or person!) who cannot be alone in the same room as someone slightly confident without thinking they are in love or thinking they must kiss at the slightest sign of attention.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
My gripe with the show is that it claims to show how Ted Lasso & Co solve difficult situations by being nice, but in reality every situation is just resolved by the counterparty being a horrible person.

Your ex-husband left you for a younger woman who will give him the child you never could? No need to process that, he's evil and cheats on his new wife too.

Sports psychologists brings peer-reviewed science to your team and achieves results your folksy niceness can't? She breaks down and cries and you get to be her saviour.

In a power-imbalanced relationship with the VC who is funding your PR company? No need to make any arrangements to protect your company, the VC will slutshame you, and your rich friend will fund you, which isn't a power imbalance or conflict of interest at all.

Having difficulty navigating a divorce where your ex-wife has gotten together with her therapist? Therapist is an rear end in a top hat who doesn't like soccer, problem solved itself.

Left the team your were kitmanning for and found yourself the manager of a rival sports club? Its owner is trying to corrupt you!

Like in Indiana Jones, the main characters could just have done absolutely nothing, and the "villains" would have shot themselves in the foot and resolved the whole thing in our heroes' favor by themselves.