Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think it's more for laying groundwork that the kid is suffering with his situation, similar to using Hey Jude this episode. It's to establish a pressing need for Ted to leave England and go back to America.

This last episode would have been a really good opportunity to pound that point home, while the characters were temporarily all in the same place :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I loved the message of this episode but it was so over the top and saccharine it took me out of things… but I guess that’s just Ted Lasso. Still enjoying spending time with the characters even if the writing is a bit questionable at times.

I think knowing that this is the last season helps because then I’m not metagaming and dwelling on the stuff I don’t like. It’s just uplifting schlock!

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

bobjr posted:

Watch there be a twist that Ted wasn't even that good as a football coach, it was Beard doing the work and Ted was just the face and motivator for the team.

Is this a twist or just the premise of the show since the pilot?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
This past episode was some of the most embarrassing television I've ever watched, in pretty much all regards. Absolute trash.

I love this stupid loving show with all my heart and I'm going to miss it.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I didn’t know it was possible to make tv this bad but honestly I’m impressed. Viewing the last few episodes (or most of the season) as the writers burning everything to the ground as a big gently caress you to everyone is the only way any of this makes sense.

I mean, what absolute dogshit hahaha. Still cried, still love my football friends.

I had to look away from the tv multiple times because I was so embarrassed for the people on the screen. Stonehenge fever dream ruled though gently caress the haters.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

grobbo posted:

Alternatively, he dreams everything from 5 minutes and 45 seconds into the show's first episode (when he tells Beard that they'll meet each other in their dreams and goof around) and never actually gets to Richmond at all.

Yellowjackets tie-in confirmed

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Data Graham posted:

Remember when Jamie was an rear end in a top hat

It wasn't his fault it was because of his dad. And now his dad's not even an rear end in a top hat.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Escobarbarian posted:

I just skipped over like 200 posts, how many different ways are there to say “season bad”. I am very impressed with you all

It’s astounding how different the vibe is on Reddit for this show. Feels like a twilight zone episode.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Was just thinking about if this was a real show, getting the Head Coach from your main rival's team a few games before the championship (or whatever) would be such a big deal for ya know, using everything he knows from coaching the team to defeat them. But of course that doesn't come up once.

I don't know sports. Is there anything that would have (contractually/NDA, etc) prevented Nate from moving to a team like that mid-season for the reasons I stated above?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

CPColin posted:

This was hilarious in American football a while ago when the Raiders coach went over to the Buccaneers and then they faced each other in the Super Bowl. The coach remembered the entire playbook and the Raiders QB got intercepted something like five times.

Thankfully raiders fans are reasonable people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

is this the trailer for season 4