Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

This was also the very first episode (as far as I know) that Liverpool were officially included as part of the show (the logo is in the background at the start). I'm fairly convinced we're the team that was removed to allow for AFC Richmond in-universe (Liverpool aren't in any of the league tables shown) so yay! We exist!

i kinda want to see a rundown of which teams still haven't been mentioned at all thus far

the death lottery for who did richmond kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Probably a better comparison than money and the like, but one you can still put into numbers, is that that stadium they keep showing where West Ham plays and Nate is coaching has slightly more seating capacity than Soldier Field in Chicago.

The Bears have, admittedly, the smallest stadium in the NFL, but it is still on that scale.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i appreciated the one jury representative at the eurovision finals last night who offered hannah a bit of biscuit from a small pink box over satellite before giving his country's 12 points

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Resdfru posted:

Oh... this is what they're gonna do isn't it

either that or they're going to have ted walk away right before the season-determining game in a call-back to the very beginning of the show where ted's stated interest is only making the players better people, and having done that, he fucks off to do something else

e: to borrow from another sports sitcom, you thought he was an arrivalist, he's gonna be a leaver

hexwren fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 19, 2023

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ilmucche posted:

So is Ted also going to quit between episodes and it's up to Nate to win the title in the last game? City are still up by 2 points iirc so ted could win and not get the title

this is almost definitely what it's going to be, because of course they can't remember how big a deal they made about ted not liking leaving without closure

or I guess him learning to ghost people is how he grows up

god I'm so tired of this waiting to be annoyed, I should have just waited until the entire season was out

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

koolkal posted:

Ted missed his best friend's wedding?

well, you have to remember that these are regular people like you and me and not literal millionaires who could just hop a loving plane across the ocean as easy as I can drive to a loving gas station for a drink with the good ice

either that or the sucking black hole of gravity of raising your kid means you are now in the lifestyle of never leaving the three square miles of your small suburban neighborhood for anything ever again because you have drowned your own needs in favor of someone else's

ALTERNATE THEORY:

Check out Ted's reading material as he's flying home. It's presumably Beard's:

And then look at him stare down the barrel of the camera as oklahoma's own favorite purveyors of the hallucinogenic, the Flaming Lips kick on into the credits. Ted is tripping balls coaching his kid's team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

esperantinc posted:

Or it could've just been "hey I just got back to the country the first thing I want to do right from the airport is see my kid".

Whole lotta speculation in here based on a 5 second scene, ha.

this is what i figured it was