Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Don't have much to say about most of the season so far, it's been totally decent. I can already tell that the whole psychic plot is going to be REALLY loving bad, though. Like what are you doing giving these loving horrible scam artists even a little bit of credibility. Go see a psychiatrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's a fine show but most of the storylines aren't really working for me. The Nathan one is the only one that really feels congruous and compelling, all the Shandy stuff and the horrible psychic stuff and Zava and Ted's relationship stuff is just, not really doing it for me. I still enjoy watching it, though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think this episode was the point where I actually got sick of the show. No one is acting like a real human being, but it's also not funny enough to make up for it. The Hey Jude scene just felt like something straight out of a James Corden segment or something.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Well, it makes sense here because we don't have a soccer scene of our own. But why do, say, people in Italy want to watch the English Premier League instead of the Italian Supreme Division? Does the Premier League tend to draw the higher-caliber players from all over Europe due to capitalism or something? Or is it typical for fans to follow more than one national league?

If you're a basketball fan, no matter where you are in the world, you watch the NBA. That's where the real action happens, the best teams and the best players and the best drama. You might also follow an NCAA team or whatever the gently caress, but you're not gonna neglect the NBA.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 15, 2023

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I genuinely loathe everything about the Keeley's business subplot. So she fulfills her very relatable dream of being able to make rich people richer through marketing and she hires her friend who sucks and then fires her immediately and then she falls in love with her boss and that falls through and luckily she knows a second billionaire? What the gently caress is any of this poo poo #girlboss

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The Ted’s mom stuff was so loving forced, IMO. It was just a nice visit from his mom, yeah it was a bit weird that she didn’t call, but why did they have to turn that into some weird drama bomb out of nowhere.

Yeah I see the obvious parallels between her and Ted but it was just like… why throw this in in the second to last episode without ever building it up? Just so she could tell Ted that her son misses him? It’s so hackneyed.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm fine with them continuing the show, I just hope the writing is a lot better if they do lol