Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

They still could go that way, I suppose, but yeah, it would be really weird for Zava to be homophobic after he said that gender was a construct (I can't remember the exact line but it owned).

e: “Time is a construct, like gender and many of the alphabets." :lol:
I love the implication that some alphabets aren't made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Not winning 8 times is not quite the same as 8 straight losses.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ilmucche posted:

ah I thought it was losses. either way 8 games without a win from near the top of the table is a hell of a hit to the fans

Yeah, I guess that fall is necessary for them to have a serious danger of falling down in rank again.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The next time there is a scene at Sam's restaurant, they will be prominently in the menu. Also, Nate's falafel place will also stock them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

I can't believe Rebecca and the Boat Guy had sex at the sex show and the whole team watched

And that sex show. Like most sex shows, was in a windmill which housed a pseudo-American grease dinner.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I loved that Roy's idea for the revival of the dicklines was essentially what they ended up with as the final strategy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Vegetable posted:

I think Ted Lasso works best when it’s about accepting failure and cherishing the silver linings. Everybody wins is some ancient network TV bullshit.

Yes, every single thing working out fine seems a bit contradictory to the lyrics of the title song.
"Yeah, it might be all that you get
Yeah, I guess this might well be it
Well heaven knows I've tried"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
In the final episode it is revealed that Ted never existed and was just a common halucination of everyone including his son. The real Ted Lasso was in our hearts all alon. Beard was real though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Okay. I legitimately laughed out loud. at "It's just that I need to buy it or else it doesn't really count." Keeley is right, that woman is super fun.
I also loved bipolar Danny scaring the poo poo out of VanDamme.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 17, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Probably like his tantrum in the s2 finale but with food

Yes, the idea is that they didn't even need to show that part, because that's just his standard MO by this point.i love Sam Richardson, but that character really sucks. Not even in an endearing way.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I may have a morbid sense of humor, because I was literally laughing loudly when it came to Jamie's little depression montage. Imagine how these people must have felt, when he opted to take their photo from another angle instead.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So. June Jade is a ghost, or a figment of Nate's imagination, right?

She kept on hiding out of frame for no real reason. The only people who had any contact with her are Rupert and her boss. Rupert was enthusiastically introduced to a person who wasn't there and decided to help Nate to overcome this mental illness. When he decided to spent the evening with "June Jade" instead he decided to let him go.
As for the restaurant boss, he's a cocked up fan of Nate, so he decided to humor the poor bloke who just got fired. The fact that he keeps on talking to his imaginary girlfriend during work becomes so unsettling that he reconsiders. This June Jade character who allegedly works there for a long while is a convenient scapegoat for that.

The last scene will be Nate going with her towards the team, before she tells him "You have true friends now and you don't need me anymore", before she dissipates. Nate is confused but after a few seconds he has a slight smile and walks to the team. The end.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 24, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The show makes stupid decisions. And the way she dodged contact with everyone else felt super suspicious.
The logical conclusion would be that those speeches were written a while ago, before they decided to rewrite a lot and introduce her character haphazardly, in order to motivate Nate into returning to Richmond. But her dodging the scenes and continuously lurking from behind walls felt really dumb.

Thinking through this ridiculous idea of her not being real at all gave me some amusement.

ilmucche posted:

Her name is Jade, but I'm kind of digging fight club Nate as a west ham fan in a coma after a fight with Millwall

Oh yeah. Jade. How could I have forgotten. :geno:
Honestly, this show has too many characters and names. The regular cast who are in almost every episode is like 30 people, right? I'm actually quite impressed that I can remember a few of the player names and character traits.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the series finale. The one in season two, where Roy became a RomCom protagonist was fun.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 24, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Let's make it worse: Jade is a real person, but she never interacted with Nate in any way which could be considered friendly. Eventually, he seeks out a job at the place she works and tells everyone that she's his girlfriend. The real Jade is massively uncomfortable with all of this, so she blackmails her boss to get rid of that creep.

CPColin posted:

"Where do you think we are?"

Smash cut to Ted Lasso's photo over his freshly dug grave

Your avatar is quite fitting for that one.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 24, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, no wonder Nate is a bit hosed up with inadequacy. That's where his family always took him to "celebrate". Also he couldn't even get the good seat.

That seems like a really British parenting move. Whenever your son does something to be proud of, you smash his ego by making him eat literal garbage and gaslight him into believing that's the best he's ever had.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 25, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ilmucche posted:

So is Ted also going to quit between episodes and it's up to Nate to win the title in the last game? City are still up by 2 points iirc so ted could win and not get the title

Obviously, Manchester will get a draw on the last game. When Rochmond wins theirs it goes by goal difference which we have no idea about. I chose to belive that those teams are perfectly even on like 7 different criterias so it comes down to Ted making the final tactical decission: Heads or Tails?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 26, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
We don't know what Manchester had been up too.

It turns out every single game against Westham was like that. Richmond will win, because they were the only ones who were at least civil in the rematch.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I hope Nate saved all his coaching money. Getting back getting back down to assistant and also having to pay 5090 quid seems like a rough deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Messi once scored 93 goals in a year, so, things have happened.

Yeah, stuff like that is super unlikely but there have been such a boatload of football games over the years that it still happens.
Same goes for the ridiculous halfway line goal.