Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

My guess is that Nate was suppose to have a bigger spiral and/or realize the corrupting influence in a more grand way of Anthony Head's character. It feels like they just kinda abandonded the story half way through the arc, which is a shame because Nick Mohammed feels like a super talented actor.

Yeah it all made very little sense. He quit his EPL head coaching job (where he's doing great) because his boss wanted him to bang hookers with him one night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also the way the EPL determines its champion is very good, but it doesn't make for compelling drama most of the time. Seems like the team had to do great basically the entire season because otherwise it's not believable they could be in the running. Plus seems to me like this season would be a resounding success for Richmond in real life even if they didn't win the league title, so that drama is gone too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

Jade having blank facial expressions all the time is supposed to be a joke too I guess? It's another thing that seems like it's being done as a joke, but there isn't an actual joke there.

It was a real shock when she said yes to a date with Nate because I thought she absolutely hated him up to that point.

And she would have had a lot of good reason to! He seemed like he was a bad day away from becoming a stalker.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They point to Keeley over and over this season as vaguely PR for the individual players/also a dating app or something/also marketing for the team and it all adds up to I think she's Vincent Adultman but she doesn't know it. Everyday she goes to work and does a business and Rebecca pats her on the head and pays her employees.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Smashed fast forward as quickly as I could when they started singing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Since it’s Ted Lasso adjacent, I wanted to let those in this thread who don’t follow soccer as much know that the Champion’s League Final, aka the Super Bowl of club soccer, is about to start between Manchester City and Inter Milan. Americans can watch it on regular old CBS.

Turned it on, and a Man City dude is pretending to be hurt. Replay shows he didn't react to the guy kinda tapping him on the head until he knew he'd botched a touch and turned it over.

~~~The Beautiful Game~~~

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nate should be super hot poo poo by the end of the season. He coached West Ham into contention for the title (although they were apparently out of contention by the end) and bailed on a toxic owner without talking poo poo in public about him. You really NEED a scene of him turning down head coaching offers and explaining why he'd put up with an assistant job again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i am a moron posted:

I’m sorry are people really suggesting more of this awful little goblin man

No, he should go coach a different team and disappear from the show completely.