Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I know jack poo poo about soccer but isn't it rather expected that a recently promoted team will face rough sledding when it moves up to a higher tier?

Also didn't Rupert buy West Ham when it was already in the premier league? I get that they're trying to manufacture an underdog story but Rebecca already did something with Richmond that Rupert never managed to. Seems like the obvious retort is that Rupert's a fair weather fan paying to win what he never could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

everything works out for everyone. except the plane taking ted permanently back to the US blows up

"Ted's plane was shot down over the North Atlantic. It spiraled in. There were no survivors." I don't care how big of a non sequitur it would be.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Side note: if you like your underdog sports shows and Ted Lasso isn't hitting the spot anymore, you should absolutely check out Shoresy on Hulu.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

You can (and should) just jump in. Shoresy theoretically exists as a background character in Letterkenny but there's zero overlap with plot.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Man, you know what would make a fun joke for one episode? What if we revealed that a genuine, earnest character is actually a loving psycho with no concept of friendship outside the people he's being paid to stand next to.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

So was Keely's PR agency always just a self-suck vanity project? I'm trying to imagine the flaming garbage pile of financials that would cause a business to fold two days after losing funding, especially when the owner has a stable of loving rich friends and associates.

Haha remember when Bill Lawrence did publicity to explain how he was no longer responsible for the writing.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The opening Nate scene screams 'REWRITE!" I'd bet money that an original script had Nate loving up in a public way then getting fired and dumped. Instead we get Jade expositing "Just to be clear, you chose to quit off screen. I must now return to my home county goodbye show!"

Also I complained about Keely not seeking outside investors before finishing the episode and now I'd like to have it both ways. The point of owning a business is to garner self respect as a girlboss figurehead. If it doesn't work out because it isn't profitable, just ask your rich friend to bail you out as a favor, completely divorced from any financial considerations. Simple as.

Also, I'm not exactly clear on what a good CFO does, but I'm reasonably sure it isn't simply reporting "money faucet turned off" then packing your poo poo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Don't you put this evil on Bill Lawrence

quote:

I ran that show the first year because Jason was still shooting movies while we were doing the writers room. Then, at the end of that year, much like Gary with me, I was like, “Ah, I’ll spend a couple of months teaching him how to edit.” But after like a day or two, he’s like, “Yeah, I got it.” (Laughs.) So, the second year, we ran it together, and I’m only able to do other things now because that guy ran the show himself the third year, as it should be. It’s his voice and his world this season.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Nah man, Sudekis picked up editing in two days which is why everything is so crisp now.

That quote is from a Hollywood Reporter article from March and I remember thinking it was a compliment rather than a disclaimer at the time.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Also bankruptcy doesn't work like that. They don't repo your furniture next day. There's an interesting plot almost there in that what we saw could have theoretically been ordered by Barbara on Jack's behalf. I'm choosing to interpret it that way because it makes Barbara competent and makes the snow globe scene way funnier.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Settle down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Tweak posted:

I had to think for a second because I completely forgot about Shandy

Wow a show writer posting ITT. TVIV is good again.