Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ted's story was really compelling (to me at least) when he was going through his divorce and having panic attacks. But that's probably because I've been through it and knew it was a really great portrayal of what can happen out of nowhere. This last season had a lot of good moments but the overall narrative really feels like they had to redo a bunch because Sudekis decided to leave after all. Kind of like Babylon 5 season 4 where they had to quickly wrap everything up because they thought they weren't getting season 5 after all.

I think the show has potential to continue as honestly Ted was the least interesting character in the whole thing and the schtick wore off pretty quick. Like someone said earlier, the last Scrubs season was actually pretty good once they found their footing, and at least the rest of the cast in this already has it. I'd rather they not and just let it go, but also I like a lot of the actors and hope they continue to get work and paid well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I'm not someone who's been through that, so out of curiosity did it feel like a betrayal that the show takes the 'Ted's Moved On As Best He Can' resolution of the past couple seasons and turned it back into a will-they-won't-they with his ex? That she began dating his previous psychiatrist felt scummy on both her and the doc's end, but then the show leaned super hard into just the doc being an rear end. Hard to view that any other way than groundwork for them to reconcile, which to me felt like a "please disregard our previous morales".

Yeah pretty much. Like the entire therapy storyline just kind of.... went away? and he was suddenly fine with it. But now he's not because the therapist moved in. The bit about having some other dude start doing stuff with/for your son in your absence is jarring and hard to get over but even that they just kind of touched on and didn't go into it at all. Which I guess is a running theme in storylines this season. Kind of like the bullying thing. Just.... dropped.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

the zoreaux name gag and danny going from the nicest puppy dog of a guy to a stone cold killer when representing his country were honestly the most believable parts of the whole goddamn show. and they had a lot of build up to execute well which makes me think they were written long before s3 got rolling.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I just remembered how they took one of the better bits of Nate’s arc ie tearing the Believe sign down and turned it into a aww shucks look at how he suffered by having to hide the whole night moment. Like what even was the point of that? We already knew Nate was a petulant little poo poo who disrespected everything that brought him up to greatness. Him still being a dipshit was already baked in. And that somehow made Beard give him a second chance?