Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Yannick_B posted:

I've rewatched a whole bunch of season 1 and man, the difference is night and day.
The show's premise effectively dies as soon as Ted forgives Rebecca--it's of course what the characters would do, but they
weren't able to transform the show after that.

It’s pretty loving weird they couldn’t recognize how saccharine it became with literally 0 conflict. I have never seen a show fall off like this without a writers strike or someone dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Nate was such an annoying turd I couldn’t imagine him being featured even more in a show

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Nate’s character is terrible and so is the acting. The only thing cringier then keeping this crap going is giving that little goblin more air time

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Season 1 was good enough that I could imagine people looking past its faults. I won’t because S 2/3 was supremely garbage in a way few shows have achieved. Don’t even have a good comparison because I don’t remember the shows that turned this poorly in the course of a season or two, probably last show with this level of a drop off I can recall is Heroes which was the first time I ever noticed a show eschewing actual characterization for making characters Vessels of Plot Points. Plus it ran into the writers strike. Ted Lasso decided conflict and conflict resolution could just be ignored. It felt an ersatz show, maybe something written by ChatGPT

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

I’m sorry are people really suggesting more of this awful little goblin man