Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe I'm just goon face blind, but who were the people who showed up at Rebecca's house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's why no one else liked the place. Nate is just bringing people to a random alley and trying to get them to eat stuff off an upturned rubbish bin. He keeps talking to a hostess who doesn't exist. And the "restaurant owner" is just a local coke head who entertains Nate's fantasy because it supports his habit. The owner fired Nate because he thought it was really weird that he was suddenly working in the made up restaurant and handing out nuts to imaginary customers. It got too weird for him.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do you think one of the writers just heard Phil Dunster say "poopeh" one time and now they keep writing it into the show?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It ended I guess. I suppose that leaves it open to a new season without Ted, but I don't see the point. It was ok.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like how, since Ted is deciding to go home, they needed to create a situation where he can get back with his ex wife, so they made the therapist guy she was dating turn into a dickbag who makes fun of the thing Henry and whatsherface are enjoying to support Ted.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
lol I completely forgot how terrible that stonehenge was. Did they hire someone who had only heard of stone henge from a friend who was half asleep?

I wonder if they wanted to have Sharon in the season more, but couldn't get her, so they just were able to get her into a hotel room to film some reaction shots and then built an office set to show her walking into it. What was the catalyst for even hiring her though? She had moved on, and sometimes talked to Ted. It just seems like it was something done for the fans that liked Sharon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ted Lasso: Be a gultvan

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
With Sudeikis wanting to be done, maybe they did get rushed. No guarantee they could get another season without Ted Lasso. Even if they did, can it be called Ted Lasso anymore? He's not in the show, it would have to be called Roy Kent or AFC Richmond or something, and that means that people might not come back to watch since it is a new name and people are stupid. So they probably wanted to get all their big ideas into the show while there still was a show. It didn't work, but whatever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
In the remaster of Ted Lasso, Colin's gay kiss will be interrupted by two droids celebrating.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ted's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Wasn't he also the TV host?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The show will be called WHISTLE

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It felt like they were afraid to have Nate be an antagonist. So they'd have him say something bad about Richmond and then immediately see an article about Ted being nice and then feel bad about it. Then they tried to make Rupert be an antagonist, but he ended up being a cartoon character. Then they made that therapist guy be an antagonist for no reason. Seems like the writers were afraid to make tough choices for this season and always just left themselves an out for every big decision.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Squashing Machine posted:

God jesus no just let it die

There is no god. Not if this gets made.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Yeah wait did they explain that this is what happened or did I blink? Remember them saying he got to play on the team but missed any justification.

I think it was just a "good things are happening to everyone, he got to play on his national team" thing. Unless maybe that super league thing was so embarrassing that the billionaire just gave up entirely and moved on to another obsession.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think him being her individual therapist is the most hosed up part. Is he still her therapist? Therapists aren't supposed to have any kind of non-professional interaction with their patients.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I interpreted it as he would die if hit again before it healed. But if they reboot this show, he will still have the stupid zorro mask.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The strings tied to their dicks was really uncomfortable to watch. What the gently caress.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

fullroundaction posted:

Was just thinking about if this was a real show, getting the Head Coach from your main rival's team a few games before the championship (or whatever) would be such a big deal for ya know, using everything he knows from coaching the team to defeat them. But of course that doesn't come up once.

I don't know sports. Is there anything that would have (contractually/NDA, etc) prevented Nate from moving to a team like that mid-season for the reasons I stated above?

They took the head coach of their competition and made him assistant to the kit man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

grobbo posted:

4.07: A very special episode where the issue of the gender pay gap in sports is resolved by a spirited and civil discussion in the locker room. The Richmond men's players unanimously agree to take a paycut to achieve equity between the two teams.

This also implies that Rebecca and Keeley set up the team so that the players would get paid less than the men in the first place.