Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sad question posted:

They should kill Nathan

Finale should be a tribute to The Wicker Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wonder if binging it would’ve been better for the ones who didn’t enjoy so much. I thought it was really solid too, really hoping the issues with the writing for this season that were reported were overblown.

Still mad they didn’t just leave the Xmas episode for the actual season though. Perplexes me to this day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I did too, it would’ve been a brilliant surprise if it came out of nowhere in December. The Guardians of the Galaxy one was great so at least I had something new to watch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Definitely. Most of us grew up with huge anticipation of the big Christmas TV specials that would air down to the fine art of running to the store to get the bumper 2 week Xmas and NY edition of the tv guide and then whip out the highlighter to plan our VCRs around the meager 5 channels.

In the 00s this changed from scripted shows, big movie premieres and other fun one offs to nostalgia shows about these things, and now for the most part there’s next to nothing. So Apple dropping a Ted Lasso Xmas special on Christmas Eve would’ve been tits. It just seemed a wasted opportunity.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Seeing reviews for s3. One thing I didn’t realize was that it’s now referred to as an hour long comedy, maybe some episodes length changes like usual but I’ll welcome the added fun time.

I like how the negative aspects of the review is essentially ‘the side characters are too well liked and interesting to just be side characters now’

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/ted-lasso-review-apple-tv-season-3-1235347328/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

“Finish the last level of Breath of the Wild”

Oh the gamers are gonna be mad about that one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s probably worth remembering that Richmond were a Premiership team just the year prior (supposed to be a staple? I don’t remember) and the reason they were relegated was because Rebecca wanted to tank them out of spite and caused a bunch of damage early on that they couldn’t get out of.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The ’shite in nineing armor’ bit is waived off as a joke mishearing of ‘knight in shining armor’… but Jamie Tartt is definitely a bit of a shite and happens to play number 9.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In the Premier League, each team plays eachother twice during the season - once at home, once away. They could meet eachother during a tournament too, ie FA Cup.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Richmond will now lose both games.

You did this.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

drat, if Apple had managed to get the rights for Sunday ticket they totally could’ve remade the original Ted Lasso ads for NBC Sports but the other way around.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy poo poo they used Fistfight in the Parking Lot during the second half chaos.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sad I’m the only one who liked the use of Fistfight in the Parking lot. Where’s pwn when you need him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd-_UwzSSvQ

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep, in contrast to the messages earlier (about the pronunciation of Ajax) which used iPhone Memojis.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looten Plunder posted:

I'm not talking about sexy-time shots. I'm talking about just plain happy snaps. The way the scene was framed it was like you break up with someone and have to nuke their entire existence from your life. gently caress that.

The scene made it unrealistically obvious what they were talking about in huge big letters, but you managed to take away something that wasn’t there.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

RhymesWithTendon posted:

I'm kind of with Looten here in that I think the moral statement of the PSA segment was a little incoherent. So even if someone consensually sends you nude photos, you should delete them because there's a chance you might get hacked?

That’s the point it was making (it’s neither a new concept nor just in case of potential hacks), but that’s not how Looten read the scene.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Vegetable posted:

Why do people listen to Coldplay when they have rock bands from their own city and country?

Unironically good question. Also the option of listening to silence too, and yet they still do it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Keely probably should’ve gone on that vacation at the end of season 2, and just stayed there.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Toronto probably claims to have always been despised by the NHL from the word go.

Mostly through this episode and, eh it was a bit crap. I’m usually the one who enjoys essentially every episode but… it was a bit crap.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The whole season felt built around the West Ham rematch, but now it doesn’t even matter as Nate is gone and Rebecca and Rupert are all chummy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

With one episode left, they had to Poochie up the place.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that screams an HDR issue, I didn’t notice any problems in SDR.

And personally, I don’t think Ted being compassionate towards his friend so an addict wouldn’t go back to jail where he’d likely never be cured is necessarily enabling. It was a very brief conversation that obviously isn’t going to get into the details of his support system.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Phenotype posted:

It's not the brief story we got in this episode, it's how it reframes the episodes we've had of Beard rambling around London getting drunk with his erratic girlfriend.

Fair, it definitely feels another aspect that’s been written in recently rather than a backstory conceived at the beginning of the show that just wasn’t public. Funnily enough it was another example of ‘gently caress it we’ve got bonus episodes, let’s just do anything’ that led to that storyline.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I said out loud it was ridiculous that Richmond were on a 15 game win streak to challenge the title after just scraping back into the Premiership… as the words came out my mouth I remembered that my hockey team just scraped into the playoffs ranked #17 (so unofficially not good enough to get in really) and when moments from elimination in the first round went on a 11 out of 12 game win marathon and are now in the finals.

So yeah. Realism!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Why hasn’t this dropped yet. Rude.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thanks for the info, to bed it is!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The amount of apps that change their entire core to become just a generic clone makes that feel fine. OKCupid is now basically Tinder with all of its original functionality essentially stripped.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ilmucche posted:

What really got me about the song was how the team jumped around screaming when ted said it was perfect. It could've been a nice sappy "thanks fellas" and the team giving him an emotional hug or whatever, but they all go off like children who opened an N64 on christmas. It seemed like a strange reaction to me

It would’ve made more sense if they tied perfecting it to some strategy they were struggling with getting to click or something. The audience had no understanding why it was such a big deal to them if we’re not shown any struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder how many fans have moved house multiple times to follow that team through every move.