Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dragons den or shark tank?
Dragons Den
Shark Tank
Gokus Garden
View Results

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

throwing my vote in for Cum Canyon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Shark Den, just use it as a catch phrase "so it's sharks den" every time before someone is thrown into a tank full of sharks

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Which one would you rather poo poo in? I'd say Dragon's Den because the poo poo will just mix all in the shark tank and then you'll be swimming in ur ownn poo poo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Skank Tank

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Shark Tank's name and production do a lot more to emphasize that they want us to admire them for being cut throat assholes.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Dragons den is better because it taps into some exotic orient vibe wrt usage of the dragon implication. It's very important people with money are shrouded with mystery.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Never heard a dragon expert say some poo poo like, "Well, actually, dragons aren't nearly as aggressive and dangerous as people believe. We are a much bigger threat to them than they are to us. There are very few fatalities caused by dragons in any given year, while our actions continue to deplete their numbers."

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Never heard a dragon expert say some poo poo like, "Well, actually, dragons aren't nearly as aggressive and dangerous as people believe. We are a much bigger threat to them than they are to us. There are very few fatalities caused by dragons in any given year, while our actions continue to deplete their numbers."

Only reason you can't go to your local fish and chip shop and get a big old bit of deep fried dragon is cause people already snacked on them all to extinction back in the middle ages.

Sharks survived for a reason. :colbert:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I would never eat a reptile. They seem like they'd be gross. Except for that one species of turtle that was so delicious that it got eaten to extinction within decades, I'd try that.

I'd eat a human before I ate any species of lizard.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Marc Cuban saw a huge log of poo poo emerging from my rear end and ripped me off!! I should have gotten 50,000 easy, but the bitch had me sign over my rights for a measly 25,000. The Piss ant! I shoulda knocked him dead!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Marc Cuban saw a huge log of poo poo emerging from my rear end and ripped me off!! I should have gotten 50,000 easy, but the bitch had me sign over my rights for a measly 25,000. The Piss ant! I shoulda knocked him dead!!

I could see Chinatown could be making this post right now but...

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 1, 2023

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
They should call it Shrek Tank and make all the investors wear green body paint, imo.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rahu posted:

They should call it Shrek Tank and make all the investors wear green body paint, imo.

They should kill the judges, it says it right here in the Bible

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
They go into the dragon's den to get some of its treasure.

Shark tank makes no sense. sharks don't even have treasure.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

i like dragons too, op

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

i'm sorry. i'm more of a piss guy, so i don't think i could really sink my teeth into a business like yours. i wish you luck, but i'm out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've never once seen the rich jerks pull the lever to drop the people begging them for money into the tank of sharks I assume is hidden below the stage.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Bastards Boardroom

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wait? Are sharks real?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Homo homini pistris est as the wise Romans always said. The real sharks are on stage and wearing clothes!

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Mostly every country weirdly has their own name for it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons%27_Den#Versions

My favorite so far going down the list:

quote:

The Chinese version of Dragons' Den (中国合伙人 "Chinese Partner") started airing in May 2016 on Shenzhen Satellite TV

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Konar posted:

Mostly every country weirdly has their own name for it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons%27_Den#Versions

My favorite so far going down the list:

japan is pretty good too.

quote:

Titled マネーの虎 ("Manē no Tora", Money Tigers)

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
shart kank

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Always found it interesting watching the US shark tank with the knowledge that Mark Cuban is like 10-100x wealthier than every other shark on the show (all the others are in the same 'arena' wealthwise), adds good context to how they interact with each other

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Konar posted:

Always found it interesting watching the US shark tank with the knowledge that Mark Cuban is like 10-100x wealthier than every other shark on the show (all the others are in the same 'arena' wealthwise), adds good context to how they interact with each other

i actually didn't know that. knew he was the most famous cos he's involved in an nfl team or something?

having watched some of both shows i find the culture differences quite interesting. shark tank is edited to be all about sob stories and becoming rich via the american dream. people valuing their businesses at millions and millions of dollars.

dragons den is more boring overall probably imo, but a bit more realistic. there isn't as much focus on the entrepreneurs life stories. and a lot of the time it's like a guy invented some gizmo in a shed and is asking for £20k for like 30% so he can make more to sell lol.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

git apologist posted:

milf manor is a better name

Is this a spinoff of MILF Island?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqJNgAP2QnU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

drat, milfs are everywhere. in manors, on islands.. they could even be local to YOU click here to find them

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
My favourite bit of Dragon's Den is whenever they say "This business sounds great, and all your numbers are excellent. Just get a bank loan, the fact you are even asking me for investment is incredibly suspicious".

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
OK dragons, here's my idea: a tank to hold your sharks, that fits perfectly into your den!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dragon Deez nutz across your business proposal

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm going on Shart N Spank.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Gargoyle's Hatch

https://youtu.be/YNelnqiQjZg

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they should call it thunderdome and one contestant will die

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bad Purchase posted:

they should call it thunderdome and one contestant will die

kevin o leary saws off a single mother of sevens head with a golden butter-knife while screaming, "WHERE ARE MY loving ROYALTIIIIEEEES"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

while the world's raunchiest saxophone riff blasts

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Woke Nooner posted:

They are both dumb but dragons den sounds like some Harry Potter bullshit so it is worse

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
The camera scans the faces of each of the panel's billionaires. First Lori, then Barbara; then over to Robert. Suddenly, Mark Cuban's face lights up; he smiles! He leans back and closes his eyes, clearly enjoying what's happening.

It looks like another contestant has arrived to earn the approval of the people on the panel. Welcome to another episode of...

the Glory Hole!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The Pangolin Pit

The Lemming Lair

The Chook Nook

The Toad Abode

The Mutt Hut

The Pest Nest

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The Goose Pile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i think dragon's den is a better name for a show aired in the UK and shark tank would work better most other places

think they got it right