Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

dinahmoe posted:

Hindu Love Gods were a legit supergroup.

holy shittttttttt

edit listened to a few tracks and this record does not contain the greatest supergroup of all time despite Zevon's memorable performance. what a bizarre way to play blues

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
VSOP Quintet one of the greatest bands ever assembled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WWpWPbC98o&t=3277s

or this madness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGbLEco2Ezc

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Planet X posted:

I saw Tony Williams play when I was a teenager. I had no idea who he was outside of "he played with Miles Davis" and it was incredible

greatest drummer of all time

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Planet X posted:

I did manage to see them live in San Jose. The best part was Dale Crover, he's an absolute monster. I still have the T shirt. There was a thread or article somewhere I read that Wino felt that Al was difficult to work with. :shrug:

Yeah it was pretty cool. He played a bright yellow Gretch kit, that I do recall. Sad that he died so young. I bought the Miles Davis autobiography at a barn book sale and remembered his picture in there, and when I heard he was coming around, my drummer buddy and I went to go see it. We sat next to Carter Beauford, I think, or he was in the same row because he used to wear a beret.

I got a lot of mileage out of the what cool bands did people see thread a while back, goons had some really incredible moments at live performances, myself included
The wildest gig I've seen was The Bad Plus, tied with Paul Motian/Ethan Iverson/Ben Street at the Village Vanguard, half a year before Motian died. loving insane playing. Motian was still using gigantic marching snare sticks

Herbie Hancock/Terrance Blanchard/James Genus/Lionel Loueke/young drummer that plays for Snoop Dog was also insane