Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Shrinebuilder is a great supergroup but they are not one of the giants, nor would they ever be even if they could have kept their poo poo together for more than a couple years

Cream, CSNY and Wilburys for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7dArwDri4Y

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Planet X posted:

I did manage to see them live in San Jose. The best part was Dale Crover, he's an absolute monster. I still have the T shirt. There was a thread or article somewhere I read that Wino felt that Al was difficult to work with. :shrug:

Dale is a great drummer, I got to see melvins when big business were in them and it was loving :discourse: and melvins are :discourse: anyway

I love Sleep, HoF and Om though. Saw Sleep on 4/20 and they were great and Al played the Rickenbacker 4420 for the first time, and saw Om in October last year and Al played a new Om song to close the set because he lives here now. Fantastic shows. Wish I coulda seen Shrinebuilder, though.

Also that article quoted Wino as saying, "Shrinebuilder is not happening because Al is insane," or something along those lines, followed by Wino talking about holistic medicine if I remember correctly.

Also Scott Kelly is kinda persona-non-grata everywhere forever now, if he ever decides to make music again.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 2, 2023