Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

Huggybear posted:

Old and In the Way was pretty good

Came in here to post this

Shrinebuilder was a supergroup too but not the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

a mysterious cloak posted:

Miles Davis Second Great Quintet.

Gods, on stage, together.

https://youtu.be/fBoHkB92SU0

First quintet kills as well.

I saw Tony Williams play when I was a teenager. I had no idea who he was outside of "he played with Miles Davis" and it was incredible

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

MrQwerty posted:

Shrinebuilder is a great supergroup but they are not one of the giants, nor would they ever be even if they could have kept their poo poo together for more than a couple years

I did manage to see them live in San Jose. The best part was Dale Crover, he's an absolute monster. I still have the T shirt. There was a thread or article somewhere I read that Wino felt that Al was difficult to work with. :shrug:

Yeah it was pretty cool. He played a bright yellow Gretch kit, that I do recall. Sad that he died so young. I bought the Miles Davis autobiography at a barn book sale and remembered his picture in there, and when I heard he was coming around, my drummer buddy and I went to go see it. We sat next to Carter Beauford, I think, or he was in the same row because he used to wear a beret.

I got a lot of mileage out of the what cool bands did people see thread a while back, goons had some really incredible moments at live performances, myself included

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

dinahmoe posted:

How did I forget about Oysterhead? I still have my shirt from the Lowell, MA show. I could watch Stewart Copeland play the drums for hours.

NICE

I saw Bucket of Bernie Brains, that was another supergroup I tell ya what