Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The algae tanks were made for places where the polution is so bad that single trees don't do poo poo because they get covered in toxic dust.

https://balkangreenenergynews.com/liquid-tree-to-combat-air-pollution-in-belgrade/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I've said for years that the british public would be completely fine with concentration camps provided they were for people they thought "deserved it" and welp, here we are.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

That's such a pathetic thread, real "I'm just asking questions" from the OP to cover a personal beef

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Camrath posted:

Afraid I don’t do Empire- find the whole thing rather intimidating tbh

It's pretty chill if you treat it as a fantasy themed holiday and sit around drinking real booze bought with fake money. You're never in any danger of being fake-stabbed while popping to the toilets either.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Green Wing posted:

Again I have so little free time these days and as I get older I realise a lot of the very comfortable oxbridge larpers I became friends with do just have a lot of free time and money, and it doesn't matter to them if a weekend destroys them physically and emotionally for weeks afterwards because they are very secure.

I wish it wasn't, but fest LARP is an expensive hobby with like, a million hidden costs. Generally I just crew, because it's free and I get fed for free, but even then I have to sort out transport, a tent, kit, etc etc. I'm worried that the increasing cost of living is going to eventually strangle Empire, even though they're still growing in numbers. They've had to put up prices again.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yay, larp chat. Curious Pastimes in a couple of weeks, I am going to spend most of it hiding in bushes and jumping out at people, because that's just the kind of game I like to play.

I got turned off Curious Pastimes after one event when I met a character called "Mister Fu" who was a white guy doing a stereotypical racist "ah so" asian impression.

I understand he's no longer there, but it really soured it for me. The whole vibe felt really old school in an unpleasant way. That and the fact that I don't want to be stabbed when I go to the loos.

Alchenar posted:

Just Stop Oil feels like what happens when the tiktok generation protests. As in, it is protests in a form literally optimised to make a good tiktok video and there is no thought given into anything beyond that or whether in fact tiktok video views is a good metric to be chasing for societal change.

It's disruptive, and it's aimed at young people who will presumably (though increasingly are less likely to) grow older and become voters. So idk, better than nothing.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Quote is not edit.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

this is a pretty good thread about what the Just Stop Oil protests are for, though ymmv about its effectiveness

https://twitter.com/joinaunionpls/status/1648270935068221441?s=20

Camrath posted:

Oh, if you do Death Unto Darkness we definitely know some of the same people. Though tbh I don’t think I’m more than one degree removed from any goons who’ve been in a larp field.

I know the people behind DuD, it's a small world

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 18, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I thought CSZ was better after they relaxed a bit in the D&D Ukraine thread, the current iteration is good compared to his previous trigger-happy modding.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's a perfectly painted picture of a Lads Lads Lads guy

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

some horrors in the replies, though none as bad as the real thing

https://twitter.com/EwaSR/status/1654416974112251906?s=20

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ours is not taking phonecalls, just the econsult online booking system which is full by half 8.

Ours only takes phone calls but if you want a call back that day you have to call at 8am on a Tuesday. All slots are full by 8:10

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/thestuffofmemes/status/1661643004094947333?s=20

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

i’m more interested in how parliament is going to deal with the huge geographic societal shifts which are happening due to laissez faire neoliberalism, such as the fact that cities and expensive areas are now haemorrhaging young people and families

Probably by cracking down on immigrants and queer people, the usual response to literally anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

"the problems are bad but their causes...their causes are very good"