Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Happy Spring, comrades. Today I'm going to my local animal gulag for my daughter's birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Saw someone (an unnamed former SpAd) referring to Sue Grey in the FT as "the ultimate embodiment of the deep state" so it's extremely on-brand for her to join Team Kieth.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

On top of the Tory WhatsApp leak, Starmer's Labour rebranding has leaked too

Interesting reshuffle for the Cabinet In Waiting

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Tarnop your post was fine. Bleak but that's a reflection on reality, not you. NJAN99 is being an idiot (wow!) doing the whole false dichotomy thing. Nobody should feel beholden to vote Labour just because the Tories are bad. They should vote Labour if they think Labour are good, and if they're not then voting for someone else (or for nobody) is perfectly legitimate.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jedit posted:

That's optimistic. If Starmer wins then it will confirm the narrative that Labour can only win as a right wing party, and if he wins by a large margin as expected he will immediately purge the party left as he will no longer need them. Five more years of Tories will trash the country before maybe someone gets in who will try to restore the cycle of "Labour build, Tories destroy", but five years of Starmer will usher in permanent Tory hegemony.

This is not a choice between good and bad. It's a choice between bad now or bad forever.

He won't bother purging the Left if he wins a big majority, all evidence points to them doing nothing more than sitting quietly on the backbenches writing the occasional grumpy letter, and if he doesn't even need to rely on them for votes it's better to have them softly grumbling inside the party rather than pushing them out and running the risk that a group of 20-ish Left MPs outside of Labour begin to resemble an actual alternative to Labour.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I was also one of the cunts who was taken in by Clegg and then disgusted with him.

In good company on here

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Rarity posted:

I have an opening but you'll have to move south

thatswhatshesaid.gif

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's like people who move next door to 1000 year old churches and complain about the call to service bell ringing on Sundays.

Anyway muckspreading complaint

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/londoner-claims-smell-muckspreading-forced-9469813

Or the cunts who move next to music venues that have been running for decades and then get them shut down for noise.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

How did you get this picture of Seaside Loafer?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Rarity posted:

At least the rent on my flat will stop going up once its underwater :v:

Yeah but first it'll skyrocket as you go from landlocked to sea views to beachfront.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Blair didn't really have a team did he?

I believe he pretended to be a Newcastle fan

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The Greens are far from perfect but I think they're still in favour of scrapping tuition fees and nationalising rail, mail, water and energy which is more then you'll get from anyone else. UBI was also in the last manifesto.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I remember a few years ago (probably more like ten because of aging/covid time dilation) an uproar about using waste heat from a crematorium to heat the local swimming pool.

Always seemed quite sensible to me.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The zipline was incredible

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Blu Ray was weird because it kind of appeared, then never really took off, and then the average person just moved straight on to streaming video.

I used to collect physical copies of movies and I went back to DVD because I like lending people films they might not have seen* and literally nobody I know has a bluray player.

* and then complaining that it was a limited edition release when I don't get it back

The minidisc of video formats

(RIP minidisc, too pure for this world)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

get a cat

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Pro tip: don't get a humane trap and then forget about checking it after a while because it never catches anything until one day you remember and go to tidy it away and there's a small puddle of fur and bones in it and you feel Sad

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Angepain posted:

I know that we all had terrible usernames at 17 but I do feel we should call Mr. Robinson "BaDDaSS" from now on

Yes, "at 17"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

I'm all for the giant beaver but can we not have the terrifying megapedes and superdragonflies. I am already scared of insects.

This island is already full of megapedes, friend.

Unrelated (except for, you know) https://twitter.com/RayNarvaezJr/status/1637570012763369472

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

a 40 foot millipede is a tetracontapede

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

The future of rural transportation is a bus sized ferret carrying several old Yorkshiremen around in its trousers.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

big scary monsters posted:

40 Foot Ed Millipede would easily have won the 2015 general election.

People ask if I'm tough enough to stand up to Putin, and I say *hissing, chittering sounds, mandibles clacking*

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I wonder if Kieth is going to have some Very Solemn Words about the report into the met that came out last night

https://twitter.com/toryfibs/status/1638080442195746816?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1638080729706790914?t=I8xEVNQMs585vHEw8XFKrg&s=19

This all started exactly on the morning after the 2010 election. Don't @ me.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Pay no regard to whoever it was that decided that the killers of Ian Tomlinson and Jean Charles de Menezes should face no prosecution. I'm sure their name is lost to the sands of time by now, long retired and of no further relevance.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

pretty sure boris will be PM again within the decade.

I don't think so. He's getting old, his support among Tory MPs is minimal, and he's served his purpose of Getting Brexit Done and Defeating Jeremy Corbyn. The maniac wing will coalesce around someone else and Johnson will wander off to the Lords for a drink and a snooze.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1639558047155593217?t=9p3z_z1uSKoQiqK46fclyQ&s=19

just keep trying mate I'm sure you'll get one eventually

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Chad about to get the full weight of US, UK, French democracy.
(A British company Savannah Energy is also involved having bought some of Exxon Mobil assets in December).
https://twitter.com/moee_xls/status/1639070000949657600?s=20

The Chad nationalisation of assets vs. the British Virgin Islands tax haven.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1640657245921746945?t=azsIBkndRDw5CwWGiehMEw&s=19

Yes, that is the same Angela Smith of Change UK fame who gestured at Ash while saying "a funny tinge" on TV and has recently been let back into the Labour Party.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

It's a rake because it means there'll be a big stupid media circus around Islington North at the next election instead of it being an unremarkable case of a former leading running for the seat they've always stood for, like Ed Miliband in wherever it is he represents.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Throw all the MPs who resigned in the failed coup into a big meat grinder and feed them to El Gato

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Answers Me posted:

If Corbyn had come out saying he liked chess journalists would have spent the entire day calling him an elitist pseudo intellectual ghoul, before doing a deep dive on whether he did actually like it.

HYPOCRITE Jeremy Corbyn claims to be an anti-monarchist despite liking chess, noted for its focus on protecting the King

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I can remember 'bof' being a similar insult in the early 90s, but not boffin, probably too many syllables for anyone engaging in casual Daily Sport style anti-intellectualism against children back then.

Sure was fun being a "gifted and talented" kid whose surname rhymed with bof.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

The 2024 Labour manifesto will be a thing of utterly bleak majesty.

1. We won't make things worse. Probably. At the very least, the rate at which things are getting worse will decrease slightly. Hopefully.
2. More cops.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

*checks calendar*

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I love that people don't know if he's doing it to manipulate the price of Dogecoin, which he holds a decent amount of, or to manipulate the SEO to try & push this story off the first page of Google search for "Elon Doge" & similar terms.

And by love I mean the opposite, I hate it.

It's because his next exciting venture into stinking crap-piles that are irrevocably sliding into a swamp is going to be somehow buying his way to becoming the elected ruler of Venice.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Very memorable ear worms, obviously, given that noone can remember!

At his first Conference he came out with "chanting slogans, or changing lives" as a zinger to dismiss the Oh Jeremy Corbyn singing that threatened to disrupt him. Irony thy name is Kieth

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

We'll see more and more of these kinds of articles (and worse) as the client media begins trying to squeeze the Labour vote back down toward the Tory one

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1643581101032497152?t=fpDPDM73LEAPxw6j8s7fww&s=19

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Chubby Henparty posted:

Imagining the wanking speech from the beginning of Mallrats but it's the audience watching Lumiere's Arrival of the Train

Running of the Train

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1643969473395687424

:toot:

e:Ooops, that's in France. Thought the HQ was in London? I should have waited until the end of the video before posting

Why aren't we doing this sort of thing over here? https://twitter.com/Resist_05/status/1643931964842610689

Because last time we had decent riots there ended up being people essentially deported for taking a bottle of water from an abandoned shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Keith's daily video has dropped.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1644019358761361417

"I was director of public prosecutions" is the new "My dad was a toolmaker"

Halve violence against women by redefining "women" to exclude the most affected groups.