Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

big scary monsters posted:

e: concerned about what took the lux out of Benelux though. :ohdear:

I'm more concerned about what happened to Istanbul and the rest of the coast from Greece to Romania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Funny that people are said to be using food banks, YET they are also queing at airports! :thunk:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Rarity posted:

Clearly the solution here is to put food banks in airports

Distribute food aid on flights?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Sounds really tough, and so very relatable to all of us.

The true victims of Brexit!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

fizzy posted:

That's goatse rendered into a QR code, isn't it? It's even got the ring!

No, that's just Sunak's twitter profile picture.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:sureboat:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1633136675567153153

"must eat squirrels"

lol dumb Russian goebbels thinks that Britons have to be persuaded lmao

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

So what's the new slavery system like? If you are a slave in Britain and have kids, are they born free or do they also belong to your master?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Contrary to :tinfoil: the government doesn't have nearly as much access as they would like. This attack on end to end encryption dates back decades, but the arguments of catching standard criminals or terrorists haven't worked.

So now it's "think of the children"!

That any solution would be completely unworkable doesn't seem to register.

So far the best solution has been to create a completely secure communication device for the people that the gov wants to follow.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

For reference to any non-Brits ITT, these are the gender-neutral barely recognisable as human monstrosities that replaced the Enid Blyton clip art originals.

I see a man in a dress and a wig kidnapping a little child. The triangle is a LGBT symbol.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah what the hell is wrong with people who want to take cans and bottles to somewhere else than the machine? Do they want to interact with a clerk who slowly counts the bottles and maybe comments on your drinking habit? All the while a cue gathers behind their back? Do such people exist?

Lidl has a fun surprise with some of their German brand sodas which are not in the general recycling system and can only be returned to a Lidl. This is annoying when you go to any other store and find couple of Lidl bottles that you will either have to carry back home or abandon there.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nilbop posted:

What on earth is this?

They want to put an end to monarchy, by the looks of it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

cat botherer posted:

Women are weak, and totally defenseless against people who were born with penises. I am a feminist.

You can also be either a woman and a feminist, or anti-fascist. There are just no women in antifa.

Or if there are some, it's peachy for them. They only have to deal with nazis, not violent trans rights activists. Nazis are junior varsity stuff.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

ACHTUNG THE BOATS ARE COMING!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Think of your wife's vagina as a small boat and the clit as the plug. As soon as you understand this the rest will follow.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Lol what an idiotic clock. my clock has x+1, x+2 etc for numbers and then I only have to update the little "x =" post it note. So much easier :smug:

By doing this twice a day you have a 24 hour clock.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Sweden remains very racist today, that was the entire point.

Comparing the countries now without looking into the history of the various ethnic groups in them and how the current situation emerged can only lead you wrong.

Sweden never stopped being racist, they just polished their image in the media. Trusting Sweden won't be just as racist as Denmark the second the government sees it as advantageous is like trusting the LGBT conservatives can hold back transphobia.

No country has ever "stopped being racist". This doesn't mean that people everywhere are just as racist as before or that every place is equally racist.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I don't know if I have heard Kwarteng speak before, but my god if he doesn't sound like Mr. Bean on that video

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Back in my day it was a 2 liter bottle of cider and a bag of glue.

Clever to glue the bottle to your hand so no one will steal it from you when you pass out :hmmyes:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

France, Israel, all these other countries reminding us how placid and docile our country is https://twitter.com/opinonhaver/status/1640158697807814656

Depressing to witness the rise of antisemitism and Corbynism in Israel

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

fuckingusername posted:

Unfortunately our bathroom is without exaggeration slightly smaller than some first class aeroplane cubicles (or so I have been told). The tooth brushes are stored in a cupboard over the lav.

You should probably attach your toothbrush with a string to the cupboard then. The string should be long enough that you can brush your teeth but short enough that this won't happen again.

As a bonus you can floss with the string!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Seems unlikely. But then I'm a grumpy old fart who tends not to enjoy the standard Eurovision fare of bubblegum pop & power ballads so a Eurovision entry that pleased me is probably not a good idea if you want to win. Also a limit on music to keep songs under 3 minutes is pretty poo poo. 5 minute limit I could almost see & then you're still excluding some of the best music ever record.

No good song has ever been made that lasts over two minutes.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

If I were the telegraph I'd just make a "Matt Generator", which randomly attaches one of his cartoons to the also random lower text, and save a few quid.

It's not like anyone could tell the difference.

"Christ what an rear end in a top hat"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nooo not Nigella

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

fuctifino posted:

And the earlier balloon captain tom wasn't even the only balloon captain tom.

There are moore...

This is a fetish thing right

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

can't handle the balloon animal capt tom that close to a barb wire fence

It's a reenactment of his WW2 service.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

It also works in the anthropological meaning of the term. People are making Cap Tom totems to give them magical protection.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

Wasn't there a chair like this in an Iain Banks novel?

You're probably thinking of a Dr. Who episode.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

the government gives it money and it's run by tories, how is this debatable lol

BBC itself is specifically run on licence fees to avoid that. BBC World Service is run on government budgeted money.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

you could write a novel based on that backstory jfc

I'm surprised there was no spanking involved.

Keir would have taken his belt off!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

not even paedophiles deserve to have to read that shite

I think they are suggesting that convicted pedos should be forced to write Guardian op-ed's as penance.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

big scary monsters posted:

It seems like they've forgotten to include rent.

Good point, income from flats you own should suffice for an extra week in Europe

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Joe should have bent the knee and asked for the colonies to become part of the empire again.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Private Speech posted:

My actual first post I registered for was asking in E/N if I should move to Britain to study.

Goons said yes and here I am.

Reporting you to Suella :mods:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Just Another Lurker posted:

He's Lithuanian, i have no idea why he posted in this section.

Latvian I think, and regional threads are good sources for news and :lol:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Look, regardless of how you feel about the monarchy, it would really shatter Britain's standing on the world stage if Charles was to be attacked by vampires during the coronation so this is pretty sensible*

Now why would they attack one of their own?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I love it that DN3D had pool game physics that was displayed in maybe one map in the original game and here it comes relevant 27 years later for a UK current events satire mod :allears:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i have an office mate who regularly participates in strongman competitions, and he needed two other guys to move a typical office photocopier ten feet without a dolly. the thought of anyone "throwing" one is insane

He absolutely could have picked it up alone, but it would have been damaged by him taking a good grip with his giant claws, like Gordie did.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

It also has possibly some of the most absurd escalation in a video game. In that you start out going to a meeting at the office and end up fixing a melting down nuclear power plant

As a Finnish game it is set in a fictional post-communist country with a rotten infrastructure that also happens to have a very Finnish culture, the nuke plant itself is a reference to Olkiluoto-3 which was finished just last month, just 14 years behind original schedule.

When INFRA was released it was still only seven years late!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Could this end in a cow being crowned Queen

Udder nonsense, the head of the Church of England can't be a Calfinist!