Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
tesco had loads of tomatoes but also a sign saying it expected us to do our duty and not buy too many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's the people

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Some interesting small print in the peace treaty regarding Crimea

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

kingturnip posted:

The number of people who haven't taken their kids to get their polio booster suggests there are, in fact, plenty of people who think polio is a joke.

It's a free country (last time I checked), people are allowed to decide what they think is best for their children and a lot of people don't even like mints.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Also she's too lazy to even read the messages. Just forwarded the zip file to someone else.

Although fair enough, spending time reading matt Hancock's messages. Presumably there's affair stuff in there too?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

50/50, you either get heads twice or you don't, simple as

Wrong. The answer is 100 percent of the time because you simply employ someone to make sure it goes your way.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Nothing on sunak in any of these Hancock WhatsApp messages so far?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

this isnt going to go down well but my ex always pissed me off by being totally skint and then doing things like ordering a loving mcdonalds deliveroo.

Like not only is it a waste of money but deliveroo also has actual edible food on there.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tarnop posted:

And life threatening to disabled people and probably many other groups that I've been too depressed to research in the context of new new labour

I hesitate to ask but you think kier starmers labour winning the next election is a bigger threat to disabled lives than a sunak tory party staying in power?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tarnop posted:

Yes. Labour wanted a benefit freeze this year, with 10%+ inflation

So, to be clear, you'll vote tory next election?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

but your campaigning for the tories?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Youre telling people they will be better off under the tories?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tarnop posted:

There are more than two parties to vote for

Yeah your right telling people they will be better off under the tories than labour (by your own metric) will probably lead to a viable third party taking power.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tarnop posted:

Do you think labour will make things better for disabled people?

I dont loving know and now i'm even more depressed.

Jeremy corbyn wants to stand as the labour candidate in his constituency? So like he holds some value in the party still? Theres others too presumably.

Better the devil you don't know?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Cops eh? Although this BBC headline does its best to obfuscate the fact he’s a cop kiddy fiddler

https://twitter.com/bbcnews/status/1630120557743071234?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

How is it doing that?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Potholes round here are mostly caused by trucks and tractors on roads not designed to support them, insufficient weather and water run off design, half arsed repair work and cyclists doing skids.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I talk to my light bulbs and they change colour according to my odour levels measured by my internet watch

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They go purple when I'm probated so I feel the full shame

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

my honda civic i inherited from my grandmother was an automatic but with a manual choke (to hang handbag).

A nightmare when it was cold. I remember trying to do a hillstart onto a main road in it and making such a hash of it a police man got so cross with me he stopped in the middle of the road infront of me having just erratically turned out and ran back to berate me about how he was transporting a dangerous prisoner and how i was loving it all up.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's like teslas; they had problems when they first came out, gammons have convinced themselves they're poo poo, and no amount of talk about how much they've improved will convince them they're ok now.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

namesake posted:

Lol they had real time awareness that cheap restaurant food was a cause of spreading covid and at most they didn't want it extended, including gagging media? Sounds about right.

Problem is that it's destroying the Tory has-beens while also deliberately suggesting that any public health measures should be cynically disregarded because no one in charge is actually making rules to protect people. That's their aim and going to be the narrative which is loving nightmarish when we need public health enforcement to stop literal poo poo being dumped in our water, let alone possible bird flu pandemics.

You say has-beens, but wasnt eat out to help out basically rishi making the big time? If it gets any traction and sticks to him then... I dunno we get some shitter lightbulbs or something?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i know we are so, so far past it. But this recent revival of the thick of it has so jumped the shark on plausibility.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

also i imagine the government response to this, like isnt it completely against the rules for them to communicate through whatsapp anyway? will simply to be to conduct business from now on through snapchats or whatever where the messages impossible mission style implode after reading

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

kecske posted:

the guy who did Freakonomics wrote something to this end

That the mcdonalds is good value?

bullshit

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i have no idea what a saver menu is though

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

£1.69 is pretty cheap

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

apparently macdonalds prices can vary by franchisee and seeing as if I've had one it would have been on a motorway maybe that is colouring my idea of them being much more expensive

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

like that guardian article represents what 0.01% of people or something? Like just don't worry about it and think about more important things than people who have 5 million quid and are upset. Like charge them 50quid an hour to cut their grass

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Not being rich enough as a country to have things that our parents did is a pretty loving clear sign living standards are provably dropping and visibility so. Yet boomers and gen xers continue to insist that no, its the uppity millennials who are at fault for asking for foods other than swedes and leeks in the first place.

my tv is bigger than my dad's, my internet is faster and my phone has more g's.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

seems like reactionary, uninformed people that attack electric cars shouldn't be throwing stones in underwater glass houses full of gas?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

his cars are lovely deathtraps

your wrong actually

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Heya folks, car is broken and that is mine and the Mrs only way to get to work atm. Can anyone recommend what to do or who to talk to it'd be brilliant

Keep safe everyone.

a garage

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

are you going to cite that study that compared Teslas to all cars without controlling for demographics? because yeah turns out if you compare Teslas to all drivers including new drivers being boy racers then yes the Teslas are comparable, which isn't the safety report you're claiming

Lol, you just snottily made up an argument for me, then told me I was wrong. well done.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

FIAT 500, made in 2012 but only about 38,000 miles on the clock.

It's essentially rattling whenever I turn the engine on and making slight grinding noises. Just had MOT. Taken to garage so they can have a look. Main problem is that it's only means of transport and garage doesn't get courtesy car back till Friday and we kind of need to work.

You can rent another fiat 500 for 25 quid a day, maybe less.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Although I like how now I've predicted your entire argument and pre-emptively pointed out it's full of poo poo you've had to fall back on "oh you think you know what I'm going to say" :smug: and not provided anything.

I didn't make the argument you weirdo.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

BalloonFish posted:

The single-point failure at the moment is the UK has only one Solid Stores Ship (with the primary job of carrying food, ammunition and spare parts) and it's getting quite old. Its sister was retired early to save costs and the procurement plan for the new class has dragged on, been cancelled, been restarted and was only awarded late last year with something like a seven-year lead time. Until then we are reliant either on the tankers (which can supply stores as a secondary role, but are not ideal) or foreign solid stores ships.

Or we could just like pillage something locally.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

That doesn't matter to the financial institution though does it? The bank doesn't care how much you chose to spend on the thing you are looking to buy, merely that you can pay it back. Or at least that would be my read.

theyre lending money against an asset so they can always recover the money. If the asset isn't worth what theyre lending they wouldn't be able to do that.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bornbytheriver posted:

Right. I will certainly want to have insurance if the mortgage is approved. Do I need to purchase insurance for a property I don't own right now? Just for a meeting with the mortgage adviser?

no mate

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Also depending where you live you might well want to fork out £30 or so for Chancel Repair insurance.
There are some old clauses where if the chancel of a local parish church needs fixing you're in for a share of that. Given the amount of money you're shelling out to buy somewhere, for £30 (well that's what I paid in 2019 and there are several churches within a mile of my flat), it's worth the peace of mind.

Read about it here - I have no ties to compare the market and I don't think I insured via them anyway! It was just a reasonable overview that came up on google!

https://www.comparethemarket.com/home-insurance/content/chancel-repair-liability/

My parents had this but its pretty much unenforceable these days.

Until it is I guess.

But nah I'm comfortable saying its bullshit

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is she the anti gay marriage one?