Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Mebh posted:

Went to Brighton to the tattoo convention over the weekend..

I bumped into a tattoo artist on the way back from that in ggow on Sunday night - inspired me to cover myself in mezoamerican gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

When I lived in Perth there was a meth lab on a primary school's grounds in a purported to be disused storage shed, so anything is possible. It was actually literally across the road from my flat at the time - no one had a loving clue whatsoever until it was finally uncovered.

What up shire buddy, when/where was this?!

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

josh04 posted:

Campbell was by all accounts a huge piece of poo poo in all the ways you'd expect "conservative American professor in the McCarthy years" to be, i.e. pretty much a Nazi, but yeah he's also dead so it's moot. There's a very bad series of youtube videos on it.

Aw dammit, got a link? enjoyed his books back in the day but have heard that a lot of it doesn't hold up

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Refraining from issuing a verdict until I know what "doing the dogs" means...

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Boffins Romp Too!!!

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Anyone else watched RRR on Netflix? I found it to be an excellent antidote to how glum everything is at the moment. Never really watched any Indian cinema but I’m now absolutely going to be watching more - if you need a funny, bombastic, epic to brighten your evening, watch immediately.

A truly transcendent film, it astonishes me how shite, stagnant and boring it makes Hollywood look in comparison.

Brits not evil enough though...

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

If you go too far you get Mel Gibson in your film. I can understand them not wanting to risk that.

Yes but from there it's a hop skip and a jump into Monkey Dust Jerry Brickhammer territory, which is very funny and accurate.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

I've been here for longer than ive not been here and I have no loving idea what anyone is talking about.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Mad antivaxx rally in Glasgow today outside the anime convention, one attendee got booed by the crowd when he informed them that their mothers suck cocks in hell.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Whatever, I just can't see that Abbott's career ending has any impact on anything - Labour has been purged, bad guys win, who gives a poo poo.

Pretty dumb statement to make and infuriating that she gets to be the media main character for a bit but given that:

1. She isn't making policy based on her statement
2. She genuinely does have a condition that could make her prone to loving up

I don't think this is an event that I can divine any deeper meaning from.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

oxford_town posted:

What condition is that? Type 2 diabetes? That shouldn't cause you to write silly letters to the Guardian.

Besides, if a politician has a health condition that 'makes them prone to loving up', they shouldn't really be working as a politician.

Well I guess she won't be much longer so I guess this is a good thing as far as your second point goes.

Who do you think will take her place, and what goals do you think they'll be pursuing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

The Greggs themed Primark stuff is the strangest cross-themed promotions I've seen recently.

I got a bunch of Greggs socks as a present a few years ago, and they do crocs and 80s American high school style varsity jackets too. For the sausage roll place.

I own a full Greggs tracksuit, it is extremely comfortable.