Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/AllisonPearson/status/1649409500166737920

Gordon Brown terrorizes Ed Balls in the office, 2006

i have an office mate who regularly participates in strongman competitions, and he needed two other guys to move a typical office photocopier ten feet without a dolly. the thought of anyone "throwing" one is insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

OwlFancier posted:

I remember when I was very young I was fascinated by how mirrors worked, I did have the distinct feel that they were another place on the other side of the glass, I kept trying to see behind the plane of the mirror.

Not sure when I stopped feeling that way but it must have been at quite a young age.

i understand how mirrors and optics work but i still have the suspicion that the guy on the other side is going to stop copying me one of these days

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

pardon me if i'm misremembering, i'm an american and may be mixing up players in british politics, but wasn't starmer vocally undermining corbyn during the last general election for not making an "undo brexit" plank the centerpiece of the party platform? and corbyn was taking heat from centrists in the party about secretly wanting brexit, and the issue split away a major chunk of the party and led to a massive rout at the polls? i have a strong impression this happened, but that makes this rhetoric shockingly brazen. what other conclusion could you draw but that he knowingly tanked the general election if he can so blithely dismiss the issue a mere 4 years later while many of the predicted consequences are coming to pass