Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I see one of those mental health boxes in my Facebook / Instagram feed often and sometimes think about signing up.

They are from Mind and are £7.50 a month from what I can remember, and include sort of crafty things you can do and make stuff.

Alas, £7.50 is a lot of money, and I'm not convinced it is worth it.

[edit]

Rarity posted:

How we all looking for tomatoes?

I have Pomodoroed the gently caress out of my OU work this morning, that's almost exactly the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Spoil your ballot!

Just because the Tories are poo poo and Labour is a different shade of poo poo, doesn't mean you have to hold your nose and vote for either.

(or search for anyone else who may or may not be just a different shade of shite)

SPOIL YOUR BALLOT!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I went to the hospital for an appointment on Friday and my consultant said the NHS was in chaos, and was mumbling something about having to do the nurses jobs too.

I mean, the waiting room was crowded, but everything seemed to be ticking along quite well.

Thus concludes my biannual interaction with the outside world.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Rarity posted:

At least the rent on my flat will stop going up once its underwater :v:

Great access to the sea +250 pcm.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Julio Cruz posted:

based on their rap sheet giving them probes doesn’t seem to be much of a disincentive

Bring Back Banning.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I have found r/stopdrinking on Reddit to be a decent community and worth checking out.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

'This Naked Mind' by Annie Grace is also a good read.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I feel I have to weigh in on this.

Ghosts aren't real.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

BMW lady clearly not a fan of the pedestrianization of Norwich city centre.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

There was a ghost at the place I used to work in the 00-10s, apparently, but I didn't see it.

It was a nice story for the old-timers to tell at break times.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Red Oktober posted:

Wasn't this a few years back? And he came out with some weird defence of having.... low blood sugar or an allergy and as such that was the only thing he could do? Or am I mixing up with someone similar.

I always thought that if you had a medical condition or illness, you didn't have to fast.

Not sure if it extended to having bacon and eggs for breakfast instead, though.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

smellmycheese posted:

So, anyway, what’s the thread’s thoughts on ghosts?

I enjoyed the first series.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Remember that Labour data leak(s) a while ago that the Law Firm was going after, and you could sign up to win millions of pounds?

I've had a few emails over the months updating me on things, but today I received what looks like the last one.

The Tangent October 2021 case has been closed because they have no chance of winning.

The Blackbaud February 2020 case apparently only affected 35 people, and I wasn't one of them, but you might still get a payout if you are one of the lucky 35!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Tree is huge, best not to get involved with it if you can avoid it.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Guavanaut posted:

I thought it was a piece of piss to cross the channel anyway, you can just buy a blow up boat from the seaside shop and the French just wave everyone through without papers. Why would anyone queue at a port?

Or are the Express telling lies? :thunk:

Unless it's about Are Maddie or Princess Di, I wouldn't trust a word the Express prints.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Red Oktober posted:

Hang on, this first angle looks like I was attacked first. Better post the second one where I clearly grab her first!

I WAS CLEARLY PROVOKED INTO GIVING HER REASONABLE GROUNDS TO DEFEND HERSELF!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I assume the ChatGPT bot was rumbled by the Guardian because it can spell?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I always get the impression that if the Chinese government tells a citizen that they are happy and everything is fine, then that's what the citizen (has to) believe(s).

And there's the whole 防火長城 thing that's hardly a subtle hint to the control the state of China has over its people.

But sure, everything is fine.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Went to small do this evening (about 17 people) and the whole evening was permeated with different individuals sloping off and having heavy duty coughing sessions (including me - though I was the only one who wore a mask except when eating).

It's not covid (well if it is, it's not being picked up on LFTs!). But all of those of us who were coughing have had it for weeks on end - with the odd week or so when it stops before starting up again. I had it so bad in December, the vicious coughing put my back out on xmas eve and it's still not right after over 3 months later.

I know a couple of folk on here have mentioned persistent coughing. I wonder what it is if it's not covid? Or is it a mild covid that LFTs don't pick up?

I am starting to get a little bit of a sore throat.

I only go to my friends in the mornings for a cup of coffee, that's the sum total of my 'going out' so I don't know where I've got it from.

No cough though.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

1965917 posted:

Does anyone else use "nextdoor"?

I joined mine because I thought it would be funny, but its devolved into mad conspiracy theories and right wing propaganda.

15 minute cities, covid vaccines, 5G etc

This morning someone posted a 30 minute video on "Boris Johnson's great reset", its a depressing sight. Watching old people fall down a rabbit hole of conspiracy nonsense because the world is changing and they don't like it.

Video in question: (spoiler, its as bad as you'd think it is)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWkepoLUZfs

I did for a little while, and then I realised I didn't give a poo poo about what the other people were saying, thinking or doing in my surrounding area.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Doom Guy wanted to avenge the murder of his pet rabbit.

Kieth would be the guy that murdered the rabbit, or at least had someone else do it.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Give Quiché a chance.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Things were much better in the past

I joined the forums to download them sweet, sweet mp3ssssss.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Goodness me, people take posting on the Something Awful Forums very seriously, don't they?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I forgot everything about this alert thing and I had just put the needle down on a record I hadn't really listened to that often, but then there was this horrible noise and I thought I'm pretty sure this record isn't supposed to sound like this, and then I looked at my phone, and it was the alert thing, but it was only 14:59.

That was my DANGER ALERT story.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

loving mirrors, how do they work?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-caught-performing-sex-act-26790560

quote:

A man was caught on camera carrying out a sex act in public while holding a bird against his legs.

David Lee, 40, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to the herring gull, an offence under the Animal Welfare Act 2006. It has been branded as 'one of the most unusual' cases by a Magistrates judge.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

BHLM.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

No one in my Locals seemed interested in telling me their names, let alone anything that they might stand for or believe in, so I put in as much effort voting as they did canvasing.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Nope, got better things to do.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

smellmycheese posted:

Good old Joe. He drove past our house on his way into Belfast

You should let him know!

That must add at least another 10% to his Irish ancestry.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

quote:

You can walk my path
You can wear my shoes
Let her talk like me
And be an angel too

But maybe
You ain't never gonna feel this way
You ain't never gonna know me
But I know you...
Teach you now that...

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I always get the impression he's a bit melty.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I got ill again in October 2016 and contract terminated in December 2016.

Getting a bit bored of it now.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I like Lower Decks.

A lot of the Star Wars animated stuff has been good.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Just a couple of bad apples.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...xposure-inquiry

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

A man was at work at the same time that a car crashed into the gates of his place of work.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I think I can remember having to sing hymns at primary / junior school (1984-1991), but don't recall that carrying on into secondary school.

We had prefects and a head girl and boy at secondary school once we got into Years 10 / 11, my best mate at the time was head boy.

There were end of year dances.

I do sometimes wonder if 27 years on, I haven't been invited to some reunions, but I don't know if that's a thing here.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

My Dad (79M) cannot loving stand Charles and Camilla.

It's quite funny, he gets really het up about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Audrey Hepburn was born in Brussels.