Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
As if anyone of the rest of europe wants to join back with England.
Unless they are wiped out....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

The Question IRL posted:

The PSNI arrest 4 "Prominent Republicans." (IE people who are known to be connected to the New IRA.)

The police have a habit of arresting random people immediately to make it look like they are doing something.
Every big crime news story you will get 'an X man/woman has been arrested to help with their inquiries'.
And a few days later its 'the person has been released' when the media spotlight has gone.

So they may have just rounded up all the known IRA wackjobs from the area, and found out eventually it was these other guys.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I posted this in the other UK threads so forgive the repeat.

How many countries in the world have privatized their water and sewerage systems?

Two.

Which countries?

England and Wales.

In the whole world.

Another fun one.

There are only two countries in the world where representatives of the state religion automatically get seats in their own parliament/senate/assembly.
Which ones?

England and Iran

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i know we are so, so far past it. But this recent revival of the thick of it has so jumped the shark on plausibility.

Armando should announce a new series, and say its the most extreme out there madness that he ever come up with.
And it turns out to be a straight no joke 'lets get down to governance and help people'.
An episode sorts out major stikes by listening to the demands, talking with all involved, and ends up with a windfall tax on the rich and happy compromises on both sides.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
But they have 50 inch TVs!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Pepsi Max is my fav coke variant.

And McDonalds is better here in UK/EU than it is in the US.
Theres some comparison videos on YT, for example fries in the EU have 3 ingredients. In the US its like 10.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Lol I had to check if this is true.

Everything I post is true.
Even the lies.
/Garak

Edit:
All Pot Noodles are vegetarian friendly for years now too.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 4, 2023

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
He sounds like Boris has some good blackmail poo poo on him.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
First ever Gluten Free Coronation

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I get the impression the NI secretary post is used mostly to insult north ireland

There is a reason why its usually the last one filled and filled by nobodies.
You have to spend the rest of your life looking under your car for bombs, can't go anywhere without security, and you won't get noticed even if you bring peace.
The only one who did a drat was Mo Molam, and when she helped to broker the GFA Tony Blair swooped in to take the glory from her.
Peter loving Mandelson replaced her, probably the only one who did ever want the job as the high from having peace in NI was so strong then.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What is it with the people of this country and thinking Climate Change is "sea level rise"? Is it an education failure? Is it a purposeful obfuscation? Why do people talk about that and focus on that? It's like if people talked about how flying two jets into the twin towers is predicted to destroy all of the wall paper in the buildings. Technically true, but also a complete failure to understand the situation at hand.

By the time Bristol is a lake, there will be many much more pressing issues caused by climate change than the water levels.

Shirinking of the icecaps.
Most of the Antarctic is above sea level, on land, and if that mostly melts, that will raise sea levels every where.
It's the only thing they can really predict at the moment, as no one really knows how the major windstreams will change.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Bobby Deluxe posted:

When I was at school it was the main thing they talked about because the primary problem was the holes in the ozone layer from all the loving hairspray. I suspect that even though we've all moved on to talking about rising average temperatures, there's a whole generation for whom sea level rises are the only thing they learned at school.

We've moved on because we solved the ozone layer hole.
We changed how we used CFCs and the hole is repairing itself.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Nicest footballer ever in history.
Says slavery is wrong.
Govt and Media freaking the gently caress out.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64900348

quote:

TV astrologer Margaret Lake, better known as Mystic Meg, has died aged 80.

How come she didn't see it coming?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

The nuclear reactor in Ukraine just lost powBREAKING NEWS A TV GUY JUST CALLED OUR NAZI GOV NAZIS

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Pitchfork mob

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

From Guardian:

quote:

The Office for National Statistics reports that GDP grew by 0.3% during January, after shrinking by 0.5% in December.

GET OUT AND CLAP FOR RISHI YOU POOR FUCKS ITS POSITIVE GROWTH! TO THE loving MOON

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Love reading encryption stuff, sort of a passion.

This sounds good, but you still need an atomic clock on both sides, and them perfectly linked to still generate a key that gets sent.
It's horribly overly complicated.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Michael Gove and Jacob Rees Mogg to host MOTD

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
How are you meant to fall asleep now if Shearer isn't talking.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Celtic banner's going to be fun this weekend.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

like the phrase is thrown around so often, but lineker is a national treasure and pretty benign overall, otherwise why does walkers have him as a mascot? i’m sure they spent thousands on confirming that most of the country likes him

Two decades of football, 80 appearances for the country, and is the fourth all time highest goal scorer for the country too
And not one single yellow card ever. He was called the Gentleman Footballer at one time.
Thats why Walkers had him, he acted like he would do anything to get the crisps, no more mister nice guy.

But the nazis didn't like being told they are nazis.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

sinky posted:

Tayto 4 life

It has its own theme park too.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/DarwinGakpo/status/1634342626110455814

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Noxville posted:

Was actually surprised that they’d suspended him rather than just quietly let it pass, seemed at the time a poor decision and looks plain stupid right now.

I would bet they thought it would be a good way to save money if they could get rid of him.
Gary is the BBCs highest paid performer, and the Tory fucks running it thought it could get a 2 for 1 deal, getting rid of dissent and saving TV license money.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
"It was a good game, but I would like to report the other team to immigration as they are a bunch of foreigners."

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 11, 2023

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Random YT comment:

"The right wing has always been Lineker's weakness"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm sure there's more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhUWjWnuBjA

BBC News tries to smear Alastair Campbell multiple times by mentioning how hes linked to Gary Lineker

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

quote:

Football Focus has been replaced by Bargain Hunt on the BBC One schedule

DICKENSON YOU SCAB BASTARD

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Sanford posted:

Not to interrupt the very entertaining football commentary (never written that before) but was it ever explained what the “denied access to the slavery system” meant? If I capture someone who’s come here on a small boat, can I keep him? I can’t see any other way to interpret it!

Its more like 'we don't give a gently caress if you have been kept chained in a room and sold off to be raped ten times a day for the last 12 months, get the gently caress on the boat to Rwanda you immigrant scum'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-victims-of-human-trafficking

Take a look at the leaflet, and 'your rights' part.
Thats the poo poo they are trying to take away.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
You could set up a company in Rwanda to smuggle in people to the UK, allow them to be caught, and then the UK pays Rwanda to take them home again.
Rwandans could get paid to go on holiday to the UK

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 11, 2023

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Its 30 years since the BBC did the tub of lard thing on Have I Got News For You.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

quote:

BBC Radio Wales's Call Rob Phillips programme won't be going to air this evening as a result of the BBC's limited sport programming.

In its place will be a replay of a classical concert celebrating 100 years of the BBC

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
As if they can afford cocaine.
Pies/Kebabs more like

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

The Question IRL posted:

On a completely unrelated note to this case, this suspect had previously been arrested for making hoax bomb threats.

After the Omagh bombing back in 98, for a few years there would be hoax bomb calls every few weeks.
It was a loving pain every time, I was working there at the time and you just had to up and go and hope to poo poo that it wasnt real THIS time.
Just googled it, and there were 150 hoax calls in the 5 years years after.
They caught the bastard I think, cant see any articles about it.
But then another dumb scumbag started it up again back in 2020. Another 20 calls, but the caught the bastard.
His whole family had to flee the town, told to get the gently caress out or be burned out.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Brown pretended to like the Arctic Monkeys too lol

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I need Gary linekar closure

He's getting deported under the new rules.
To a place called Leichestercity.
Sounds German.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Oh noes how will I survive on just £5m of taxpayer money for the rest of my life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Nenonen posted:

Yeah what the hell is wrong with people who want to take cans and bottles to somewhere else than the machine? Do they want to interact with a clerk who slowly counts the bottles and maybe comments on your drinking habit? All the while a cue gathers behind their back? Do such people exist?

I know this isn't related, but thought I would share
Back when I was a kid there was a virtual homeless guy in our town, lived out in the woods, his own shack.
He was in his 60s at least, talked in grunts, not sure what mental problems he had, but he was just totally detached from the world around him.
Also back then you should hand empty glass and milk bottles for 10p or whatever.
And he would bring in these to get himself food and drink, to the only one shop that would serve him. And it was mostly a pint of milk or loaf of bread.
Which was our nearest shop so would see him a lot.
When they phased out handing in the bottles in the 90s, the kind shopkeeper, a total gent, would still take his bottles and keep him fed.