Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
its not spring till the 20th at approximately 2124 hours you loving heretics

still gonna post tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Rarity posted:

Nope you're banned until then, stick to your principles :colbert:

my principles are posting

besides, the thread title seems to indicate I should post more

I just got a big box that might have trees in it and everything

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

OwlFancier posted:

Is that a new kind of loot crate?

I uno I'm not allowed to open it in the lounge after I made a big mess the last time

Gotta take it to the farm and see what the crows say

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

crows mainly feed on disorder and malcontent but will also settle for raw monkey nuts or fatballs/suet block

Don't throw stuff at them tho throw it off at like a 45 degree angle or it may anger them

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I want a mc cheesy chips

Probably get a faux poutine with some burger chunks and little gherkin bits in the sauce

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

veggie bovril had a taste that was fine but the texture was reet gritty

if you used it for stock or drinks it was fine cause it dissolved but if you lathered it over your hot buttered toast like a beast it just wasn't proper

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

disgraceful imo

fibre is your friend, comrades

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Lungboy posted:

My PIP claim has progressed, DWP have received the written report from the medical assessor for my claim. I never had to have a formal assessment, I just received a phone call to clarify a couple of points in my application. I can't work out if that's good or bad.

last reassessment I had consisted of me filling out the form and waiting for the dread appointment like the other times but all it took this time was a short phone call where a very apologetic sounding lady told me she read my notes and was gonna recommend I be passed and I was

you might be alright fingers crossed

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Josef bugman posted:

Heya folks, car is broken and that is mine and the Mrs only way to get to work atm. Can anyone recommend what to do or who to talk to it'd be brilliant

Keep safe everyone.

go talk to the ai questions thread and explain the problem etc and they might be able to get you going

that or just do it here- I like car problems now I'm not driving an amalgamation of them- what's it doing/not doing?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You can rent another fiat 500 for 25 quid a day, maybe less.

yeah seconding this

hire car will probably work out cheaper than taxis

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

you like badgers? deer? foxes? red wing thrushes?

you don't know what a red wing thrush looks like?

you like taking a few minutes away from the horror, the horror, the horror?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTp3W9L1SRY

with the compliments of my animal comrades

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Sanford posted:

Incredible scenes. I don’t think I’ve ever typed that sincerely before. Dan, what trail cam are you using please, and would you recommend it?

gardepro a3s is the better quality one with the temp data- I just got that one, victure hc200 is the other and I would recommend either but the gardepro is a definite step up

had two others and messed with a few others the neighbouring farm uses- all seem pretty similar feature/function wise within a price band

oh, and if you get one and are dumping it in the woods and leaving it like I do, you will need two sets of batteries (rechargeable are normally fine) and SD cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW0aQapamGk

this is from a "neewer" HD which is currently down for repairs and probably dead (lasted over two years tho)- even the best camera is gonna get a lot of videos where you don't see poo poo happen, or worse, get the impression something fantastic is happening a metre off to the side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2swrsv70FPU

love sitting and seeing what crops up each batch tho

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

squirrel tastes like pork and chestnuts

big scary monsters posted:

Lovely stuff. Didn't you have a thread for your patch? That's not saying you shouldn't post about it in here (you should), but that I'd like to read that thread as well.

that thread kinda started on here around '17 and '18 when I stepped up the pace a bit and I got real lax on updating here too but yeah I do as much farm stuff as my free time/health allows

I would post about politics but some honesty would be justifiable cause for arrest so here's some foxes ambushing me on my hike instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaAStT1GkPc

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

can't build a new world from the ashes of the old till the old one burns imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Barry Foster posted:

I've just quit booze..... I've not told any of them yet because they're going to look at me like I've just grown an extra head.

aye this is going to be a thing that sticks with you sadly

I stopped entirely for a year or so for medical reasons and then after that I moved to a rate of consumption which is currently averaging around two tins of guinness a month with a high of slightly tipsy on mimosas on xmas day

british society in so many facets runs on booze to the point of reliance- several people were openly grieving for me no longer drinking, asking how I would deal with parties, declaring they would never go without a drink etc to the point it's kinda put me off booze a lot

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

when I joined up with the greens all that time ago the :mad: "no more chernobyls!" :argh: were present but very much expected- but I wasn't expecting about as many green washing toryscum who wanted a bunch of tax breaks on their business because they put a solar panel up and said some nice things about a tree at some point

still, if I don't spoil my ballot they might get my vote

reet wimdy out there today, take care

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

drove past three pickets today and finally got to use the car horn for some good

I hope they also appreciated the fist held aloft and me yelling something along the lines of "waheeeeeeyyyyyygiveemhellllll"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Jippa posted:

More ghost stories please. :)

pineapple hill in yorkshire (oop t'ward normanton way) had a really great pub on it (not much else other than the view) that did a grand meal, and being from wakefield area originally I happened to eat and drink there myself a few times and each time it ended up notably foggy and desolate feeling at night

Anyways, so the story goes, a lady dressed in grey (some versions have her clutching a swaddled, sick baby) will flag a passing car in a state of clear distress and desperately beg a lift either to the top of the hill at the pub, or headed down into the next town, as if her very life depended on it

The concerned motorist picks them up and starts driving, but as soon as they are going, the woman vanishes entirely. Both my parents had second and thirdhand tales of this and the pub had records of that tale going back before cars and into horse and cart days up on the wall- legend was that she was a murder victim or a suicide stemming from a broken heart- also that not picking her up would bring one to a terrible fate- anyways, that's the story of the grey lady of pineapple hill

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

1965917 posted:

https://twitter.com/WoodlandTrust/status/1636045317102501889

I'm really bummed about about this. Completely unnecessary bordering on spite.

"Leader Richard Bingley used powers that allowed him to bypass the usual scrutiny of fellow councillors, arguing a decision was urgent ahead of local elections and the bird nesting season"

it's not even ahead of bird nesting season, we are firmly in it, it's not dates written down that birds obey but local conditions and it's been a warm and clement February/March so they are getting their gently caress on a bit earlier

and its not just the birds, a massive variety of small mammals, insects, fungal and bacterial life are getting started up

or, you know. were.

I'm gonna go get some trees in the ground but it would be far better if I [redacted upon legal advice]

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Young Ones got a Blu-ray release remastered with a 1080p picture recently and while it's still a little grainy in places it's night and day from the old fuzzy dvds or even vhs you might have watched before.

does it have all the original music cause it's a deal-breaker if not

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

regards mice-

-wire wool and expanding foam together in the holes is the only way to block, wire wool alone will get pulled out of the way, expanding foam on its own is like some particularly delicious cake to rodents. Stuff with wire, secure wire out with foam.

-figure out what food/water/shelter they are after and wreck it up

-clean up areas with disinfectant to destroy the scent trails they leave, if you don't have household pets go for jeyes solution and go hogge wilde

-"humane" traps need to be checked constantly or you will end up with the corpus of a piss soaked mouse who died in terror in a surprisingly short amount of time and that won't feel very humane, especially by the third time in my experience

-kill traps work best when placed carefully so the mouse can only approach from the trigger direction (I used sections from a cereal box to create runs), wooden snaptraps with the yellow plastic pedal can be set up to go off at varying pressures far more easily than plastic ones

-kill traps will also make dead mice snacks to attract rats which will leave you suddenly locked in mortal combat with a massive Norwegian brown rat one sunday morning when you were just trying to get your fuckin' coffee and weed on

-drat that sucked I think I got mild ptsd tbh

-good luck

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

bessantj posted:

How do you secure the wool with the expanding foam? Is it just spray the foam into the middle of the wool and let it expand till they both fill the hole?

Thanks for the tip with the traps.

stuff the hole with the wool, then use the straw applicator thingy of the foam to stick inside the bundle of wool and use enough to fill out the gaps- the foam will grab onto just about anything and stains clothes so be careful of that

if you don't have much experience with it then play around with putting a tiny bit on some cardboard and seeing how big it will get over 10-15 mins or so because people underestimate it, pack a fuckload into a hole and then get to watch a big ol' snake of messy foam invade the place

Oh and the thing I forgot with setting traps either humane or otherwise is wash your hands before you set them or wear gloves while you do because the scent of your hands will get all over the place and warn them off- that and peanut butter mixed 50/50 with chocolate spread is a great attractor and cheese doesn't work

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I see them being used like ukip was, drag the window further to the right by loudly accusing the tories of not being fash enough then the tories happily adopt stronger policy positions pre-election to hoover up those motivated voters

yeah the labour party sucks

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

dairy milk isn't the same as when I was a kid- I know my taste buds are different but it never had the slightly chalky/antacid tablet texture back then

dark milk is pretty good but still has a hint of it

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Gorn Myson posted:

And kasespatzle

a heaping pile of currywurst mit pomme

then later some schnitzel with schinkensalat and enough bitburger to wash it all down

goddamn I want to go back to germany

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

air pollution leads to the deaths of thousands of london residents per year

labour are blatantly trying to curry favour with the tabloids

born to vape

labour is a gently caress

鬼神 vape em all 1989

I am weed man

410,757,864,530 weeds vaped

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

They hate the smell of that too.

Keith would say he ate the strongest phal with extra chillies, but if you check with the restaurant he had plain omelette and chips

I want some curry flavoured weed now

oh hey it's been a month or so since I did this and it's been a tough time what with the continued decline of civilisation and all so heres your respite to bring you into spring which only actually started 4 days ago unlike the revisionist propagandists titling the threads would have you believe

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Tesla was right posted:

Thanks for the nature pics, DesperateDan, who's the cat?

My pleasure- they are one of a bonded pair that are looked after by the neighbouring farmer and often appear while I'm working on my little patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQMSXrk7ZpI

There's a few more that have appeared on trailcam sometimes that I think are long ranging cats from the local settlements but they are far rarer sightings

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

there were 60+ large canisters dumped last night by the nice little woodland patch I look after

dgaf about people getting high on nitrous, but I do want fly-tippers to get mussolini'd be compelled to spend months picking up rubbish

also people who send up those loving candle powered lanterns are to be thrown into bins for an as yet to be determined amount of time

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

there's varieties of tree known for hardiness to pollution, and ongoing efforts to increase that more than the last few hundred years of evolution during the industrial revolution did

that algae box is the kind of hopeful sounding bullshit trading on false solutions that venture capitalist scum have put out in response to climate change for decades

no need to solve climate change when the solutions are well known and [redacted]

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I learned there are some things best not clicked

The damage was done beforehand unfortunately

Epic High Five posted:

The better cynical take on this is that it's just a way to avoid having a discussion about removing cars. Trees would be put in these places if they were up to the task, urban planners are aware that there are some trees hardier than others, but that doesn't mean any are as hardy or efficient as a tank of algae.

have they considered the long term atmospheric co2 reduction benefits of planting property developers?

would love to run the numbers on efficiency but things seem pretty quiet on how much it would cost to build, install, run and maintain the tanks then replace them when the local youth engage themselves by running a trolley/wheelie bin/nissan micra into it

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I don't think I saw this video of someone laying into the tories shared yet:

https://twitter.com/Mrbaiti/status/1641530299925274637

half sure it was already posted- it's good, great even- but then on watching I get sad/angry/despairing because it feels like it really doesn't loving matter how good it is, whatever happens at the polls it's hosed anyway

preaching to the choir but we haven't a church anymore

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

It might not amount to anything but I enjoy hearing someone unload on a tory.

aye sometimes you need that, don't let my despair state gently caress with it, I just think it might be some of the reason some stuff doesn't get traction here even when it is relevant/interesting

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

poundland? maybe, the one at the greyhound estate has a resident cat

b&m? hell yeah

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

what's even the proper term for one that's frequented by tory MPs but doesn't have a concierge service open at 4 am

it was probably just a humiliation thing

"please take all my belongings then kick me out while calling me a bad boy who made nanny very very cross indeed"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

salting the earth doesn't actually do too much longterm unless kilos and kilos are used- otherwise a few solid rainfalls and it's gonna be rinsed out, the whole "salting of the earth" thing was more ritualistic in times of antiquity, especially with the cost of salt back then

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

done right, coronation chicken is fuckin' amazing, but it's often entirely subpar bullshit that makes you long for the good poo poo and sad you are shoveling down some tepid creamed chicken product instead

metaphor for the times, innit

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

-the guy who got doxxed was a fash

-brown moses was cia trash

-lol, lmao

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

love that "put them to sleep" like they tucked them in with a little pillow and some horlicks rather than drag a tarp around so the cameras can't see and shoot them in the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

not saying it's what caused whatever catastrophuck happened in his head but he was heavily rumoured to be a bothersome and repeated chaser of transwomen during the early aughts

also I didn't think it was possible for me to get much more anti landlord but having to essentially try and pause the grieving process for my dad so I can get poo poo ready for various inspections and works at next to zero notice has put me so far to the left of mao I might accuse him of slacking