Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Steezo posted:

Why not both? Imagine Immortan Joe with an up armored wasteland schoolbus, the doof warrior is the music teacher.

I already dress the part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bulletsponge13 posted:

Any links or more details?

Best research I got:

https://twitter.com/texaninnyc/status/1641607503946436615?t=Xr0UnOMFkLy1xLjKBSwl6g&s=19

We may not get a whole lot of anything until he gets arraigned on Tuesday and the indictment gets unsealed. Maybe there might be some leaks between them and now, but the NY DA's office has been running a tight ship. There was no warning that today was going to be the day until some random reporters felt that the vibes were off at the courthouse and some security / court clerks were around that weren't before.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Sir, it looks like they got one off before they were destroyed."

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1641518784186818578

I would say I hope he spends himself stupid on attacking someone who isn't even in the race yet, but he'll just grift harder to make up for it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 31, 2023

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
I saw an interesting point on youtube and thought I might get a reasonably informed answer/discussion here. What are the chances that Trump's security detail starts manipulating press reports about when/where certain legal appearances are going to be? Like, current reporting is saying he'll be arraigned or whatever on Tuesday. What are the chances that's deliberate bullshit and it happens Saturday/middle of the night sometime/whatever?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDWAVE/status/1641602112231714817

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The grand jury vote to indict was the first popular vote Trump ever won.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol how many people are going to fall for this

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AtraMorS posted:

I saw an interesting point on youtube and thought I might get a reasonably informed answer/discussion here. What are the chances that Trump's security detail starts manipulating press reports about when/where certain legal appearances are going to be? Like, current reporting is saying he'll be arraigned or whatever on Tuesday. What are the chances that's deliberate bullshit and it happens Saturday/middle of the night sometime/whatever?

Former presidents don't have quite the same level of security as sitting ones do. I expect they may do things like come and go via unusual doors and halls but I suspect the hearings will happen when they are announced.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

A.o.D. posted:

:drat:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1641619011724091393?t=bOD5uL0Eu2170AxPDLfT

1) :lol: Lindsey is crying.
2) :lol: Lindsey is being heckled by a live studio audience.
3) :lol: Hannity has a live studio audience intended to side with him and his views, but they're heckling the guest because he's not his views enough.
4) I didn't realize Hannity had a live studio audience.

A.o.D. posted:

But not the first vote he lost! :dadjoke:

E-
https://twitter.com/Nick_Acosta/status/1641632330883424261?t=HRjQqQJ-YG_magHU1FYnDw&s=19

:laffo:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Not really a current event, but 20 years ago today, I passed my Infantry 101 Final Exam in some nameless place, and learned that combat is like sex- only scary the first time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CNN is indicating there are 11 hush money payments written off as legal fees by :smugdon:, each of which could be a separate count.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I'm all masturbated out on wishing to see Trump in hand cuffs - but if it happens, I'm afraid the pent up energy from the last can't get no satisfaction decade would kill me

Also lol at Finland's typo "we stand on the side of sweden" you stand to the side of Sweden, across the ocean of a nato border. You'd give us every imaginable kind of support, short of help.
I don't think Erdogan will ever acquiesce, if the Turkish government did they'd have one less thing to offer and one less possibility to tease for influence in the world. Sweden alone don't have anything, not even the lives of dissidents, as dictator big dick valuable as that.
(Finland does, ie a military capability and geography important to the rest of nato which translates into "actually pissing off important countries which you bullshit games" money)

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Midjack posted:

Sweden should agree and just renege on it immediately after they've gotten in. Like just blatantly repeatedly lose the paperwork they receive for it. Nobody actually gets sent back.

I’ve been a 42A for 14 years. Give it to me and it’ll never see the light of day.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Retrowave Joe posted:

I’ve been a 42A for 14 years. Give it to me and it’ll never see the light of day.

I appreciate you misplacing my leave form after I got back from leave.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/nirol__/status/1641566583897174016?s=46

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
Word on the street is that Trump will surrender on Tuesday. So, plan accordingly.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Mappo posted:

Word on the street is that Trump will surrender on Tuesday. So, plan accordingly.

This is going to be an awesome weekend. I'm going to post up somewhere, day drink, and watch sad Trumpers attempt to process what is happening. We already had two Trumpers call in sick today at work.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Tuesday afternoon, 2:15PM EST. But, perp walk highly unlikely, mugshots apparently don't get released due to a 2020 NY law, and whole thing might take 15 minutes. The action would be outside with the protests/counterprotests and if Donnie decides to come out to yap his gums and make that dumbass fist of justice that he does.

Edit: lol people v. Donald Trump

https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1641836872161718272?t=fQN_bvwcYfQrTcuNSp_3cg&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 31, 2023

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Guys-
I kinda missed this terrible Sword of Damocles getting hooked to a ceiling fan everyday.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I really need a lawsplainer for how rare/significant this is, because everything I've ever heard is that summary judgment requests essentially get auto-denied.

https://twitter.com/gabrielmalor/status/1641897212371259408

Actual Malice is probably where the money is, so that was never going to be summary judgmented. But I'm surprised ANY of Dominion's request went through.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nystral posted:

Lol most of the orange groves near Disney no longer exist. They’re now suburbs.

Necro rear end reply but :justpost:

I grew up in rural/suburban (at the time) Portland OR. We had a neighbor with an apple orchard that got hosed up one winter. They sold and it got turned into a shitload of townhomes.

…the development was named “Orchard Pointe”.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

In general summary judgement is "if we interpret all the alleged facts most favorably for the other party, they still lose as a matter of law." Its not super common for the entire case to be decided by one. It's basically a way to whittle down the issues into what's a question of law, what's a question of fact, and resolve the questions of law before dealing with the outstanding questions of fact.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

You guys can pay with apps all you want and I wish you luck

The first time I used my debit card to buy legal weed felt weird as gently caress.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Necro rear end reply but :justpost:

I grew up in rural/suburban (at the time) Portland OR. We had a neighbor with an apple orchard that got hosed up one winter. They sold and it got turned into a shitload of townhomes.

…the development was named “Orchard Pointe”.

This is my favorite part of modern US residential "planning". Tearing poo poo out and naming it after the stuff that was destroyed.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Mine (living in Vegas) was always places named absurd things, like "Pacific Islands" in Henderson that used to advertise

"Fantastic Ocean Views!*
(* just kidding)"

Better than the ones that are just random nonsense or numbers.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Zamujasa posted:

Mine (living in Vegas) was always places named absurd things, like "Pacific Islands" in Henderson that used to advertise

"Fantastic Ocean Views!*
(* just kidding)"

Better than the ones that are just random nonsense or numbers.

You reckon this was aimed at Vegas' considerable Hawaiian/Islander/PI population?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is my favorite part of modern US residential "planning". Tearing poo poo out and naming it after the stuff that was destroyed.

I wouldn’t have even mentioned it except for the e on the end of point.

gently caress you developer dickhead.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Milo and POTUS posted:

No no, we should keep doing this, but instead of giant swathes of nature, tear out urban highways and replace them with neighborhoods. "I5 Heights"; "I90 Valley"; etc.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

that dumbass fist of justice that he does.

The whole thing needs to be as tamped down as possible so it doesn't become marketing material for him.

Is it bad that I'm a little surprised "raised fist with palm out and thumb tucked" hasn't become his very own version of the nazi salute yet?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 31, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soylent Pudding posted:

In general summary judgement is "if we interpret all the alleged facts most favorably for the other party, they still lose as a matter of law." Its not super common for the entire case to be decided by one. It's basically a way to whittle down the issues into what's a question of law, what's a question of fact, and resolve the questions of law before dealing with the outstanding questions of fact.

This is close but not exactly right. The big thing for summary is that there is no dispute of material fact and the issue can be decided as a matter of law. The first prong is why Dominion did not win on actual malice against both Fox Co. and Fox News and with the publishing portion for Fox Co.

Fox and Fox News were able to present different material facts on these topics, and a jury must decide who is correct when there are disputes of that nature.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is close but not exactly right. The big thing for summary is that there is no dispute of material fact and the issue can be decided as a matter of law. The first prong is why Dominion did not win on actual malice against both Fox Co. and Fox News and with the publishing portion for Fox Co.

Fox and Fox News were able to present different material facts on these topics, and a jury must decide who is correct when there are disputes of that nature.

I wrote that out super quick so thanks for clarifying.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

But, perp walk highly unlikely, mugshots apparently don't get released due to a 2020 NY law

lame
rear end

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
thankfully we have brown moses as ai court sketch artist

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fetterman is out of the hospital.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Midjack posted:

Fetterman is out of the hospital.

let's count the day as a 24 hour period and say this is now a truly magnificent day

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I hope he had a good time in socialized mental healthcare and work to expand that to everyone in ‘merica.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

FrozenVent posted:

I hope he had a good time in socialized mental healthcare and work to expand that to everyone in ‘merica.

and piss on the legacy of ronald reagan? not happening, pal

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Hope folks in the Midwest are staying safe, it's been a pretty :stare: day weatherwise

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1641970666860867584

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1641906279005167616?cxt=HHwWgICxqfjDnMktAAAA

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Piotrowski/status/1641933685464154115?cxt=HHwWhoC2rZr_qMktAAAA

Multiple tornadoes from Illinois/Indiana all the way down to Arkansas/Mississippi with a big one tearing through Little Rock AR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
But remember, climate change is a liberal hoax.