Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Flikken posted:

Can we locate these floods on an atlas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Zamujasa posted:

Have things stopped getting worse, yet?

No. Things can only get worse more slowly, but that's also not happening.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

TheWeedNumber posted:

I now see a hot tag. What is this buttfucking sorcery? Where the gently caress is the auto-banned OP?

lol I changed the tag specifically to gently caress with you

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Would anyone be interested in bombarding their congressfucks' offices with messages of support for a bill that would allow Gold Star spouses to keep their benefits after remarriage? A bill is about to be introduced for that purpose and I can provide info on it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I need to get this info out before I start my new job and become bound by the Hatch Act lol

The upcoming bill is called the Love Lives On Act. It's being championed by the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) and the 2022 bill (which was introduced in like November of 2022 wtf) received a letter of support from TAPS along with like 26 other VSOs. Short version is that a surviving spouse who remarries gets to keep their benefits, other than Tricare and they can get Tricare back if the marriage ends.

The argument behind it is that first responder survivor benefits generally don't go away after remarriage so service member survivor benefits shouldn't either.

I've made some documents - TAPS' one pager, their letter of support, and a draft copy of the bill available here.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

slurm posted:

Professional class white millennials are getting a massive childcare subsidy in the form of being WFH now and able to take care of their kids in between sending two emails a day.

billy_madison_i_award_you_no_points.gif

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m glad he doesn’t try to make any big promises like bringing back the front page

um

yeah about that...

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

For about 30 seconds, I was thinking "hmm... why are only the $250K deposits insured, how the gently caress do businesses handle banking?" I immediately snapped out of it once I thought about what banks would actually do with that deposited money if they knew there would be an inevitable federal takeover and bailout of all the companies with those accounts.

And that kind of poo poo couldn't be adequately preventative taxed. So here, have some broken braining:

https://twitter.com/Mateba_6/status/1634694563859251200

And the tweet with embedded video:

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1634679410245681153

looking into it

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
In an early episode of the Rooster Teeth Podcast, Gus was talking about how shortly after they became a real company they had a retirement planner come in and give a talk. Gus told the planner that his retirement plan was to die at 40.

"What happens if you don't?"

"I dunno. Buy a shotgun?"

Gus is 45 now so I guess he changed his retirement plan.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Folks, please recalibrate your sarcasm detectors before hitting the report button.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

bulletsponge13 posted:

Just ask his Wife's astrologer, since that's what he did.

ftfy

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Flikken posted:

Coin theft is a huge problem in the money industry.

No matter how bulky or heavy it is, it does get stolen.

Usually it's the higher value denominations but 50lb bags of quarters worth about a grand do get stolen. We caught a guy stealing boxes of quarters at my last job. $500 bucks per even though they weigh 25lbs.

Not nickel the coin. Nickel, atomic number 28.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I work from home four days a week and it's awesome.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Platystemon posted:

Joe Biden was born closer to Abraham Lincoln’s inauguration than to his own.

Well, second anyway.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CainFortea posted:

Some frogs can reproduce asexually.

There's a good documentary on the subject. It's called Jurassic Park.

They were not reproducing asexually. They were changing sex from female to male and then loving.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I, uh... what?

I think they're saying that the US law enforcement harms US citizens more than China could harm US citizens.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

A.o.D. posted:

That's a whataboutism of the highest order.

Is it, though? On the one hand we have "a 'hostile foreign government' is collecting our metadata for... reasons?" On the other we have "here is proof that domestic law enforcement is collecting our metadata and employing it against us."

How is that whataboutism?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Naramyth posted:

ban public schools

This might be a GOP talking point

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

A.o.D. posted:

What the gently caress does the king of England have to do with this?

Because they can't say "in perpetuity," they went with "for as long as the House of Windsor stands plus 21 years."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You sure? Doesn't say anything about living there

yeah, I just found out that the legal requirement is for a living person. So it's "last surviving grandchild plus 21 years"

GOP gonna try to bring down the royal family now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Terrifying Effigies posted:

"You didn't think we managed to build a global hegemonic business empire off a cartoon mouse and some orange groves in Anaheim by accident, now did you?"

I don't think DeSantis has jurisdiction over Disneyland